• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nuffield Health - Memeber Parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuffield Health - Memeber Parking

Hi, noticed a few threads relating to Nuffield Health car parks

I am a member of my local Nuffield Gym which operates a member only parking scheme via Civil Enforcement Ltd using ANPR. This is a permit system based on vehicle registrations which you register for regular use or input at reception. There is no option to pay and the purpose is to prevent non members taking up spaces and preventing members from parking.

I used my wife's car one day and forgot to input her Reg and duly received a charge. I appealed to CE Ltd and failed. I appealed to POPLA on the grounds that parking was reserved for members and as I was a member that the charge should not apply. My appeal failed. I have now received a demand from CE Ltd for the charge.

Am I right in saying that the charge is effectively damages from breach of contract between me and the parking company and that fundamentally the purpose of the charge is to put right any loss injury and harm to them. If so, as there is no loss (I am a member of the gym and therefore entitled to park there) would it be worthwhile refusing to pay the charge and going to court if need be.

Thanks in anticipation.
    Tags: None

They will say that you contracted with them to pay that amount if you didn't follow the conditions

I would suggest posting up the sign so that others can comment

Comment

Thanks Ostell. On your advice here's the car park sign.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nuffield.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	1469656

Attached Files

Comment

Forgot to say that I have a permit albeit on a different vehicle although I note the notice does not refer to registrations but simply a permit

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X