• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Looking for PCN advice, ZZPS are 'instructing QDR Solicitors' over unfair ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for PCN advice, ZZPS are 'instructing QDR Solicitors' over unfair ticket

Hello

I've posted this as advised the welcome forum as I'm a newbie:

I'm new here and found out about via Money Saving Expert's forums where I've been a member for a few years. I've been issued with what I feel is an unfair parking ticket at my local dentists which has always been allocated with free parking. Halfway through a series of a of appointments it suddenly became a 'private carpark' ran by Civil Enforcement. This all happened at the end of 2018 and I'm not revived letters from ZZPS. I made an appeal via Civil's website but got a 'you wrote to us outside the 28 days' so I don't have an number I can appeal with to POPLA. Not sure what to do next.

To go into more detail, I have been a member my local dentists for over 5 years. Halfway through a series of treatments over the course of a month the car-park directly connected to it became 'private'. I was unaware of this until my second visit since the change of use from public to private, and only from a receptionist telling me I had to log my car reg into a new tablet on the reception desk to get a permit did I become aware of this change of use. A month after my first of four dental visits I go a letter from Civil Enforcement. I appealed but was told I was outside the 28 days so can't use POPLA. I've just spoke to their team today & they said this is the case. I've now had my 2nd letter from ZZPS who have wrote to me to say they 'are surprised' I chose to ignore their invitation to engage with this firm (I did engage with Cicl as I have their letter rejecting my right of appeal) and they are now saying as they are a 'professional debt collection' agency they will pass my account onto QDR solicitors & this 'could lead to legal action being taken'.

I feel it's unfair the way they have operated. The dental practice say they don't own the land they operate on & have no control over it but I get the impression that a lot of people have been caught out the same way.

Regards
    Tags: None

So you get on to the dentist and demand that they cancel the charges.

If there is no ticket on the windscreen then they have 14 days to get the PCN to you. Were they successful?

Post up a redacted PCN, but leave the dates.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      So you get on to the dentist and demand that they cancel the charges.

If there is no ticket on the windscreen then they have 14 days to get the PCN to you. Were they successful?

Post up a redacted PCN, but leave the dates.
      Thanks for the advice. The Dentist's have already stated that they don't open the land so they have no control over the carpark & they do not benefit finically from the now private parking permits. It was a month before the letter arrived with a photo of my vehicle entering & exiting the area from Civil Enforcement.

Comment

From the BPA Code of Practice.

18.10 Where there is a change in the terms and conditions that materially affects the motorist then you must make these terms and conditions clear on your signage. Where such changes impose liability where none previously existed then you must consider a transition to allow regular visitors to the site to adjust and familiarise themselves with the changes. Best practice would be the installation of additional/temporary signage at the entrance and throughout the site making it clear that new terms and conditions apply. This will ensure such that regular visitors who may be familiar with the previous terms become aware of the new ones.
        https://www.britishparking.co.uk/wri...CE_CURRENT.pdf
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X