• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination Complaint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination Complaint

Hi I just wanted to share my recent experience with the voluntary Termination of my vehicle, and the wear and tear costs.

I entered in to a VT on my 11 year old car which I had for 2 years (HP). The car of course had age related wear and tear but was in extremely good condition with a full valet prior to VT.

At first everything went smoothly and the finance company were very compliant and efficient in arranging the collection of the car. The removal company came to collect the car and took it straight to auction. The guy completed his CAP report and commented on how great condition the car was. Felt relieved as I had been reading all the horror stories with VT.

​​​​​​The car had 6 previous owners, well serviced and MoTd accordingly. When I arranged the VT the company said 'oh yes light scuffs and dents, and scrapes on the alloys due to day to day use is acceptable wear and tear'. And the car will be inspected to BVRLA standard. This put me at ease as the body work was great apart from age related light scratches (which are acceptable)

The next week to my horror I received a manheim report and the finance company used this to attempt to Bill me £1300 for wear and tear!!
    I can only describe the 20+ pictures on the report as barbaric. I couldn't even see the ''scratch / Dents" they had photographed. And they certainly weren't taken from the standard viewing angle of 2m away (BVRLA)

I complained and the company offered to reduce this to £800 almost immediately. I challenged more of the pictures, they went down to £580! I carried on challenging the report against BVRLA and they got down £350! Still not happy I said please log an official complaint. I received a letter yesterday advising they have wiped all wear and tear costs and my complaint has been closed.

Really just wanted to share an 'outcome' post for VT, and it's definitely worth perseverance I found the whole situation quite stressful but armed with the right information off this site and knowing our rights it paid off.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X