• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Grafton Street Car Park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grafton Street Car Park

Parking Eye are deliberately misleading 1st time visitors to Grafton St. hospital car park in order to impose fines. I have learned it has been over a year since they changed to a ticketless payment system .
    Yet, the obsolete Entry Ticket machines remain in place covered in polythene as though out of order. (I have images taken 11/2/2019)

'Pay on Exit' and 'Have You Paid?'' signs are clearly visible. As they are in every car park, As is NPR.
    But you would still need a ticket to get in and out!.
    (Why would you even look at them when the Entry Ticket Machines are clearly out of order?)

In my experience a ticket is issued from a machine on entry and the same ticket is required to pay on exit. Yet, there is not one sign in Grafton Street Car Park, let alone sign posted on the obsolete, polythene covered entry ticket machines, saying:
    “No Tickets Issued or Required “- “Pay on Exit Using your Registration Number”
    There are numerous Google reviews from others duped in the same way and paid the PCN.

On 6/2/2019 I had to rush our office cleaning lady Mary Flanagan, who had collapsed at work, to the Manchester Royal Infirmary. To 'Pay on Exit' from any car park I would normally expect to be issued at ticket on entry to do so. I had previously come across covered, temporarily 'out of order' entry ticket machines at other car parks so, without any information to the contrary I thought no more on my unbarred exit. I have not been to the MRI for at least 10 years. Therefore, this was my first ever visit to Grafton Street Car Park.

I visited Mary at the hospital again on Monday 11th Feb 2019. Only this time walking back into the car park I saw people paying at the machines and was totally confused! I asked how they were paying without a ticket? Clearly regular users, they told me it as a common misconception yet Parking Eye continue to leave the obsolete machines in place and covered over.

Making it more disgusting is in this hospital car park it seems they exploit people who are likely to be going to visit a sick loved one. Particularly vulnerable people less inclined to protest at the fines due to the stress they are already under.

Parking Eye have made no attempt at transparency to aid such infrequent users of his hospital car park. Not even a notice on the b**^%^ entry ticket machine!!!

I appealed to Parking Eye asking for a clemency, asking to be allowed to pay the parking charge for the unpaid previous visit before the fine gets issued, however, just received the rejection along with the PCN and POPLA advice letter. I have sent my appeal to POPLA but feel it is doomed for rejection.

The question I would like to ask is: There is a thread on Moneysaving Expert by Forever Frugal who was going to court with them over the exact same issue at Grafton Street car park but the result was never published. I tried to private message but no joy. Is there any way of finding out if ‘Forever Frugal won the appeal? Or has anyone ever won a court case against Parking Eye for this or a similar issue?
    Tags: None

Hi

Shame you wrote to PE.
    That will be taken as your first appeal.

Try PALS at the hospital.
    They will probably try to fob you off by saying that you have to go through the appeals process first, but that is tosh.

They can (& have) helped other visitors at this parking site.

Example below

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X