• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nolan’s Law statute barred claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nolan’s Law statute barred claim

Hi folks. Iv just joined and would like some advice. I have not long moved house and today I have received a letter from Nolan’s law saying I owe £914 to Cabot financial. They want settlement on full or payment plan.
    I know this account defaulted around 2010 if not before. No longer on my credit file etc. I’m in Scotland. I know Iv not paid anything to it in many years if I have at all. I may have done at the beginning. So I’m 99% certain Iv paid / done nothing in over 5 years. So I’m hoping the statute barred will apply?
    What do I do. They are threatening a court decree and also stating a court decree can be enforced for a period of 20 years.
    They may have been writing to my old address for years etc and it’s been returned. I also rented for over 2 years. So this is them possibly just finding me or they have passed it to this Nolan solicitors and they are “on it”.
    I would appreciate any advice and very grateful!
    Tags: None

Do you recall if you have been served with a "default notice" at any point?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X