• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination

I am about to start the process of Terminationg my agreement with Jaguar Financial Services. I am aware that ideally I should not sign their 'VT pack', however it doesnt seem to indicate any other than mu statutory rights. It has 2 sentences that re-iterate them it would seem and I could so with some confirmation that I am reading the same and can actually sign this one.

At the top it reads ' I agree to return the goods to you and understand that, provided I have taken reasonable care of them I will have no further liability'

It then reads, in bold no less!! ' I also understand that I may have an additional liability if I have not taken reasonable care of the goods and the resale price is adversely affected'

Can anyone help?
    Tags: consumer

If you are happy to return the goods then I can't see anything wrong with the first sentence.

The second sentence in principle seems fine also but to be clear, it should really read "and the resale price is adversely affected as a result of my failure to take reasonable care of the goods whilst it has been in my possession." (my underlined) to make it clearer.

Ultimately, they can't overrule the Consumer Credit Act and anything that tries to do that is void. If you are happy to sign it, then go ahead. That wording is somewhat less stringent than others I have seen.

Are you able to upload a redacted copy of that document?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Rob

Cant upload unfortunately. I will add that bit on. I'm also going to pay for them to collect, as it will cost me more in time/effort to either return and waste time arguing with them. I don't think this will unduly harm anything going forward, unless you think otherwise?

Comment

If you want to pay the £80 that's fine and there is no harm or consequence of doing so. Strictly speaking, your liability is capped at 50% of the total price and charging an additional £80 for collection breaches that limited liability. If you don't want to the hassle of arguing back and forth then paying for it might be the sensible option if you have the means of doing so.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X