• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rejecting faulty new car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejecting faulty new car

hi,
    I’m a London taxi driver on the 5/1/19 i decided to buy the new LEVC TX(electric cab) from the dealer for 65k financed by Blackhorse Ltd,They Offer me the car in the showroom with extra warranty and 3 years service I accept and asked me to pick up the car on 17/1/19 but the car wasn’t ready then went the 18/1/19 they told me they r loading new software.as it was weekend I came back Monday 21/1/19 the car was ready at 4pm.i drove home the next day I woke up in the morning to start work on my new car I drove 3 miles then a warning light went on saying battery failure took the car back to the dealer and sins then the car is in the dealer’s garage and every day they came up with new story all about softwares and modules today 30/1/19 the give me a curtesy car to get back to work(I was out off job sins the 5/1/19)but still they don’t know nothing about when my car is fixed.do you think I can reject the car and get compensation for the days I didn’t work.
    many thanks
    Tags: None

You would seem to have a reasonable case for rejecting the vehicle and even claiming damages for loss of earnings.
    The legislation is The Supply of goods (implied Terms) Act 1973, and your claim is against the finance house

Comment

Thanks des8 for your reply.i had a call from the dealer today they said the car is ready for collection I refuse to collect the car and told them I’m rejecting this car.what do you think I should ask them as compensation because of the delay and the faulty new car???

Comment

Did you get round to telling the finance house that you were rejecting the car before the call today telling you the vehicle was ready for collection?

Comment

Yes 10 days before and they said they will contact the dealer to see what happened to the car then decide what to do

Comment

OK, so your rejection predates their repair which was their second attempt.
            Tell Blackhorse your rejection stands and you require a refund of all monies paid and you are quantifying your losses due to the lack of vehicle
            If you phone them, confirm it in writing

Comment

Hi
              I just had a call from the finance company asking me to collect the taxi from the dealer apparently as a taxi driver I’m not concerned by the consumer act.then I can’t reject the cab.is it true

Comment

Hello can u help please

Comment

Are you a sole trader? or do you trade as a limited company?
                  I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Tell them your claim is based on The Supply of goods (implied Terms) Act 1973, as I mentioned in post 2.
                    The goods must be fit for purpose if sold "in the course of a business".
                    If you rejected quoting Consumer Rights Act 2015, you are going to have to start over as that act would not apply in your circumstances (i think!)

Comment

Originally posted by BADIS View Post
                      hi,
                      I’m a London taxi driver on the 5/1/19 i decided to buy the new LEVC TX(electric cab) from the dealer for 65k financed by Blackhorse Ltd,They Offer me the car in the showroom with extra warranty and 3 years service I accept and asked me to pick up the car on 17/1/19 but the car wasn’t ready then went the 18/1/19 they told me they r loading new software.as it was weekend I came back Monday 21/1/19 the car was ready at 4pm.i drove home the next day I woke up in the morning to start work on my new car I drove 3 miles then a warning light went on saying battery failure took the car back to the dealer and sins then the car is in the dealer’s garage and every day they came up with new story all about softwares and modules today 30/1/19 the give me a curtesy car to get back to work(I was out off job sins the 5/1/19)but still they don’t know nothing about when my car is fixed.do you think I can reject the car and get compensation for the days I didn’t work.
                      many thanks
                      Also what does your agreement say about termination, if there is a contractual right to end the agreement you could terminate under such a right,such as a right to cancel within 30 days etc
                      I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

This is caused by a bad shipping service. you have to choose a better one next time. The dealer shipping service could make you wait too much time, or it will take you a lot of money for that, more than that, most of the times they can deliver your car with a broken system in it or some broken parts. I think it will be better for you, next time to ship your car using a PRO shipping service. I think https://www.shipaa.com/ this is the best one and you can easily ship your car via this service. They a couple of great offers for every customer and the possibility to track the car via GPS service. Go on and check it, I am pretty sure you will like it
                        Last edited by Autreacher; 16th April 2020, 12:26:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X