• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car Finance help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Finance help

hi guys,
    not sure if this in right forum section, but the finance agreement I am taking out is vague.
    Its a HP agreement on motor, I had finance problems in past, so high APR.
    Total amount of credit is £9800 and interest is £6000 over 5 years, total £15800.

I need a car for new job so unavoidable.
    When I start to save again in job, and I want to pay off in full in 12 months, can they enforce the total £15,800.....or will be a sum of around £9800 - (part of 12 months capital repayment)

I know the law changed regarding this that they must give fair settlement values.
    I do intend to get out of the HP before end of term, so trying to make sure I am familair with the terms,
    Any ideas?
    thanks
    Tags: None

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking for but in relation to early settlement offers , the remainder of the interest is generally removed to take account of the fact your paying in full earlier than expected.

Early settlement offers only last for a short period of time and then you will need to request a further settlement offer.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
      I'm not exactly sure what you are asking for but in relation to early settlement offers , the remainder of the interest is generally removed to take account of the fact your paying in full earlier than expected.

Early settlement offers only last for a short period of time and then you will need to request a further settlement offer.
      ok,
      Let assume I sign agreement today, £9800 credit, £6000 interest. total amount £15800 over 5 years.
      tommorrow I win lottery and want to settle.
      Can they force me to pay the £15800 (credit + all interest due during the HP length), or only the amount of credit.(9800)
      thanks

Comment

hi guys.
        thanks, think this calculator helps me out a lot
        https://www.magnitudefinance.com/abo...nt-calculator/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X