• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UKCPS PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKCPS PCN

I have received a PCN for parking outside my own property through a 'notice to keeper' via post. I have 3 permits to park in my property's car park. A permit was on show in my car however not on the dashboard. On the date and time in question my car windows were frosted over therefore the attendant would not have been able to see into my vehicle to view my permit - note the windscreen was partly cleared to allow him to see and photograph the dashboard of my vehicle.

I appealed my PCN with UKCPS (which was rejected). Following this the next stage was to appeal further to 'The Independent Appeals Service' (IAS). IAS further rejected my appeal stating that they recommend I pay the charge to UKCPS. The charge was £60 if paid within 2 weeks, this period has now passed. As a result the value has increased to £100. I have sent evidence of my permits to both parties.

Should I pay the fine or do I have sufficient reasoning to NOT pay the fine. If I chose not the pay the fine could I face court action? Do UKCPS have relevant accreditation to take me to court? And would they be likely to win any potential case? I am unsure whether UKCPS would risk incurring further costs to take me to court over a relatively small fee of £100.

I personally feel victimised and bullied into paying a 'fine' to park my own vehicle outside my own property of which I own 3 valid permits.

Any advice greatly appreciated - thank you.
    Tags: parking fine, pcn

First thing it is not a fine, merely an invoice. Unfortunately they can take you to court.

The IAS will reject any appeal made to them. It is run by the same people that run the IPC and control the solicitors that the IPC companies use. To accept an appeal means that their members are losing money.

Is this your own property or rental? Get out you lease and see what it says about parking. Your lease might not even require that you display a lease or pay a charge to a third party stranger to that lease.

Have a look at this article

Comment

Thanks for the above.

In relation to the above query - the property is rented and my tenancy agreement outlines the permitted use of “Shared Facilities (Parking & Garden).
      Parking: With use of: parking space
      Located: at the front of the property”.

With the above lease wording, there’s no reference to permit use. Does this help?

Comment

That definitely helps. Contact your landlord and ask if the parking space is given in his lease, and if you can get a copy or even just the relevant portions. What is trying to be established is that the lessee, your landlord, has the right to park in his lease and therefore can pass that right to you.

The conditions in a lease trump anything that a parking company say.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X