• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mercedes Benz Finance - Severe Excessive Mileage issue / Unique Circumstances

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mercedes Benz Finance - Severe Excessive Mileage issue / Unique Circumstances

    Good Morning,

    I have just joined this forum, having tried to deal with my issue on my own, but I think I will need some advice. I would be so grateful if someone could help me.

    I went into a 4 year PCP Finance Agreement with Mercedes Benz Finance Services (MBFS) I have gone over the mileage allowance severely, so as you would expect I am being hounded by MBFS, I served voluntary termination in week 46 of the 48 month agreement.

    Having read many of the posts on this forum from people who are in a similar situation I have thought about fighting this, however during the 4 year term of the agreement I experienced financial problems and entered reluctantly into a debt management plan, but I always made the full monthly payment to MBFS throughout the term until I served VT. (as I needed the car for work) my situation improved shortly after I entered the DMP having secured new employment, I am still in the Debt Management Plan

    Before I VT'd I explained my situation to the account manager at MB, I did want to get a new car through MB, but obviously obtaining credit for a new agreement would be an issue. So I said why not sign up the agreement in my partners name as she has no credit issue. He was not happy to do this and said it would have to be in joint names, he said it should be okay so I agreed. Needless to say it wasn't and i was left in the situation where I would not be able to get a car through MB. The plan was to absorb some of the negative equity into a new agreement (not the best practice i know) but it was either that or I find myself in the situation I am in now.

    Getting back to the original problem of excessive mileage, as I am in DMP should I just inform the DMP Charity I am working with and do a means test and agree a monthly payment to MBFS or would it better to try and push hard against MBFS and not pay anything?. I would assume excess mileage charges will not be classed as a "priority debt" therefore they MBFS may accept a monthly plan?

    I have received a final demand letter dated 23rd October 2018 and I have 14 days to respond before they hand over my case to their "Solicitors" am I right in saying this will be probably be a debt collection agency? They have come on quite strong citing Solicitors, possible court proceedings, interest, and legal costs.

    Any guidance would be most welcome

    Best Regards

    Last edited by STPAMGCCLASS; 26th October 2018, 09:19:AM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.


No announcement yet.

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

sign up now

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm