• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smart parking want £6000 for parking tickets 2 years later........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart parking want £6000 for parking tickets 2 years later........

Hi all

I'm new here and would really really appreciate some help with this one.
    I received a letter 2 days ago from DRP debt recovery chasing me for nearly £6,000 worth of PCN's, (43 separate tickets apparently) threatening me with court action etc. I nearly fainted in shock when I opened it as it's the first I've heard of any of it.
    I called DRP debt recovery the next morning as they closed by the time I'd got home.. Apparently these tickets had been going to an old address I have not lived at for 5 years (which I find hard to believe), the car in which they are involving we sold around a year and a half ago, and even though the letter was addressed to me, it actually was not me driving and never would have been. I never drove that car once, and I'm not the named driver of the car, just the finance was in my name. All the tickets are from Waterworld from Smart parking from March through to December 2016. This was when my fiancé (the named driver of the vehicle) was an electrician working as a subcontractor for Waterworld at the time, and had to give his car registration number into Waterworld to pass on to the parking company to prevent him getting a ticket every day. Clearly something has gone very wrong here, and everyone is passing the book. Our contact at Waterworld told us not to pay them as they have severed ties with Smart parking due to them issuing all the staff with parking charges and there being a lot of complaints. DRP washed their hands of it and told me to take it up with Smart Parking, and Smart parking have told me to liaise with Waterworld and DRP!! When I called to speak to Smart Parking, they actually told me there are 61 separate charges on their system but 17 were on hold and the rest had been sent to debt collectors. I don't know where to go from here apart from telling Smart parking we will not be paying the ridiculous charges.... I feel like it's a scam of some sort. I don't understand why it's taken 2 years to send to debt collectors.
    Apologies for the rambling, I'm just at the end of my tether with it all and don't know what else I can do to stop them chasing me.

Blimey, I think I'd be in fainting if that came through my letterbox too !

Do you know where the instruction
    was an electrician working as a subcontractor for Waterworld at the time, and had to give his car registration number into Waterworld to pass on to the parking company to prevent him getting a ticket every day
    came from ? Anything in writing at all ?

Of course tell smart parking you aren't paying them.

How did they go to an address you hadn't lived at for 5 years? Had the V5 been updated after you moved / before you sold the car?

ostell

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Thanks for coming back to me. To be honest I can't remember when it was updated but if has definitely been updated in the past 5 years as we've lived at 2 separate properties since, and I know the person who lives at my old address and she returns everything to sender straight away.
      Regarding the instruction to hand in the reg number at Waterworld unfortunately nothing in writing but It was the operations manager at Waterworld who is still there, and we called him yesterday and he vouched for my fiancé that he should not have to pay. It's all very well saying that but we're going to keep getting chased unless someone takes responsibility for whatever has gone wrong. I believe Waterworld are taking the parking form to court so I'm perfectly happy to go to court over it. It's just it wasn't even me driving so I don't know whether it's up to me to take it that far. I also don't want to name my fiancé in case they then go after him.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X