• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Enforcement Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil Enforcement Ltd

Hi All,

Civil enforcement are taking me to county court re parking charge for allegedly overstaying welcome, Yet I can prove
    A) It was not me driving the vehicle
    B) The driver paid the bill by contacting the payment number on his mobile phone
    C) The Bank statement showing the parking fee being paid
    D) The allocated time was for 2 hours yet even on their "Particulars of Claim" It shows he stayed 1 hour 56 minutes

The County court has written to me asking for a Defence statement in reply to CEL's amended Particulars of claim by the 14th September & to serve the same to CEL.

Can anybody help,

How do I write a "Statement of truth"
    Do I have to get the driver of the car to write it?
    Is he a witness?

In anticipation

R
    Tags: None

Rather late in the day to be asking. Even if you were not the driver then you can be held liable as the keeper of the car.

However can you post up the original Notice to Keeper that you received and perhaps some of the signs that the driver saw.

So can we see the amended particulars of claim as well please. Show that bank statement in your evidence , suitably redacted so as not to identify the driver.

Comment

Hi Ostell,
      Many thanks for your reply, Please find attached the said Amended Particulars of claim and the bank statement showing payment on correct date with number attached.
      We have contacted o2 to forward the phone log to show also the correct time of arrival and payment.
      But they say it will not be here for a further 10 working days!

Regards
      R
      Attached Files

Comment

So your defence points out that as you were not the driver (and you can hopefully prove this) then the statement that the defendant parked the car is clearly wrong and the signatory clearly has no personal experience of matters but is relying on hearsay and thus this casts doubt on the remainder of the statement.

Comment

Hi Ostell,
          so should I write a defence (Statement of truth)?
          or should It be the other driver?
          should I insert about
          the
          phone payment,

Comment

Oops, accidentally pressed send
            should I show the bank statement
            mans should I state that the phone records are to follow
            Many thanks
            R

Comment

You are being taken to court so you have to write it. So that £1 would cover that 2 hours? That should be sufficient but have the phone records to hand.

You will be stating that you were not the driver at the time and can show it (can you?)
              the parking fee was paid and you have been provided with a receipt for same. (Ipresume date etc is correct)
              The compnay therefore have no cause for a claim against the driver at the time and therefore no claim agaist you the keeper.

Have you got the Notice to Keeper that you can post up?

Comment

Hi again Ostell,

Yes, On the 5th of May, I was with my girlfriend at a wedding in Belfast, We arrived on the 4th May.

The £1 covers the first 30 minutes free and the preceeding 90 minutes (see attached picture)

The date on the reciept is correct

What is the "Notice to Keeper"?

Finally, How should I word this Defence statement

Many Thanks again

R
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ryszu140458 View Post
                  Hi Ostell,
                  Many thanks for your reply, Please find attached the said Amended Particulars of claim and the bank statement showing payment on correct date with number attached.
                  We have contacted o2 to forward the phone log to show also the correct time of arrival and payment.
                  But they say it will not be here for a further 10 working days!

Regards
                  R
                  Claim state payment must be paid within 30 minutes of parking payment shows paid after 30 minutes?

Comment

Hi,
                    The reciept is shown as payment made on the 5th May, but being taken from the account on the 8th May.
                    The time of 15.30 is when the driver took a screenshot of his account on his mobile phone
                    Cheers
                    R

Comment

Apoologies, 17.30 not 15.30

Comment

Have you got your receipt off of the phoneandpay website ? ( is your registration number entered correctly )
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Ostell,

Ive just checked the details of the payment (attached) and the registration was entered with the first 2 digits the wrong way around, a common typo error I would imagine

2Y18HHW instead of Y218HHW

How does this affect us?

Regards
                          R
                          Attached Files

Comment

Common and pretty obviously wrong.... but yes that's how you ended up with a ticket. There is a term on the parking signage about entering the reg correctly. I'm not sure if any cases have won on this issue in court as yet ostell ?
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Ostell, what do you recommend that I do now, I have to enter the defence in the local court and send to Civil Enforcement Ltd by Thursday,
                              What should I write in this statement?
                              Kind regards
                              R

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X