• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT assistance please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT assistance please

Good evening I am looking to VT a vehicle in September can someone point me in the direction of a template letter please? also once you VT can you cancel the DD straight away and how do you go about getting the car collected or do you drop it off ?? Thank you so much to this forum without it I would not have even know about VT and it is a life changer for me, so for all those who give their time here its appreciated.
    Tags: None

I don't have the letter, but as for the rest.

1. Send the letter in by post and by email (belt and braces) - I also phoned them, and to be fair to Renault Finance, they were quite helpful in that regard, telling me I could keep on driving it if I wanted and to keep up the insurance for that reason, but to cancel the DD.

2. Make sure you have paid what you should pay on the DD, then cancel it (as soon as you notify your intention to VT then that is the end of your agreement, the car shouldn't then be moving off your drive until they take it).

3. They should appoint someone to inspect & collect the car (don't agree to pay any fee for this) - this might be Mannheim Auctions, but there are others. They will contact you to arrange for a suitable date for this to happen.

4. When they inspect they usually give you options at the end, and ask you to sign the inspection report on-screen (I chose 'disagree with damage findings' and was happy to sign that, others will advise to sign nothing, but I felt it did no harm as I was disagreeing with the damage anyway, even though it wasn't too bad, I felt she spotted dents that weren't there unless you used a magnifying glass).

What is your mileage position? If you are under mileage then you have some available equity built-up in the value of the car to offset against any damage they (will likely) find.

It took me several letters to Renault to let them know that the £150 damage was more than covered by the 10,000 miles I hadn't used.

Remember when it comes to damage it's not the cost of repairs for damage but the reduction in value that the damage causes.

Consider having your alloys repaired if scuffed, as they 'charge' up to £50 per wheel, so if you can get them done for less than that, it might be worth it, same goes for small dings, especially on panels with creases, as if it's on the crease itself, it's always charged (the swage line they call it).

They are quite picky when it comes to finding damage, so best to minimise what they find.

Comment

I am having the few minor things done by chips away this week so it will be in excellent condition, alloys are all good thankfully. I need it gone quickly as we are moving house does anyone have any idea how quickly you can ask them to come?

Comment

it took them a good couple of weeks to contact me then picking a date was no sooner than 2 weeks after that.

Comment

HIi did you pay for collection? Mines been collected today and their claiming £755 worth of damage. interesting that the car had depreciated by £711.. coincidence?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X