• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

London Congestion Charge unpaid and letter received from JBW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Congestion Charge unpaid and letter received from JBW

Hi,

I have received a letter from JBW Judicial Service Group dated 09/07/2018 about an unpaid congestion charge which occurred on 04/01/2018. The letter reads ''Notice has been issued in accordance with legislation to a previous address''. I have never received any letter from Transport for London regarding the unpaid congestion charge and when I called them I was told that they have no record as once it is passed on to debt management the system is cleared so they can't help me.

The letter also reads that an application has been made for a warrant of control to be re-issued to my new address.

I have now changed and updated my address with the DVLA as I had totally forgotten to do this (I am 8 months pregnant and have had troublesome few months so updating my address hasnt been on my mind). Historically I have always used auto-pay but purchased the car just under a year ago and didn't get round to registering the car with TFL. Can they send bailiffs round when I have never received any tickets or notifications whatsoever? They are looking to claim over 500 pounds for none payment of a 10 pound congestion charge. The reason for commuting into London by car was to attend an emergency hospital appt (won't go into the details).

Would appreciate any help/guidance.

Thanks
    Tags: None

All documentation will have gone to the address the DVLA held on file at the time the "offence" was committed. Do you have the PCN No? If so then contact the Traffic Enforcement Centre explain the change of circumstances and ask they provide you via email the coorect Out of Time forms to fill in. Return them in the same manner and when accepted all enforcement will be put on hold while they consider your request - can take up to 8 weeks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X