• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mercedes benz Main dealership service history - Penalised if not using them....?!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercedes benz Main dealership service history - Penalised if not using them....?!?

Hi R0b

So I visited my local Mercedes Benz dealership today and during the conversation the sales exec brought to light that if I do not have my vehicle serviced by Mercedes they will seek to recover the cost for the serving if I choose to hand the vehicle back...this is looking to be quite hefty and nearing approx £1,000!??! I have had 2 services done now by F1 Auto centres, who I presume use genuine parts. My Agility agreement (PCP) states the following... "The vehicle must be serviced and maintained in accordance with the manufacturer's published service intervals within the Approved Workshop network"

Can someone advise? My thoughts are that if it is being serviced by a third party but they are using genuine parts, it doesn't void the warranty and therefore should be ok....

thank you, James
    Tags: None

Hi James,

Really it is up to you whether you want to proceed with the agreement or not. Its a standard term for most major dealerships but as you say, if the parts are genuine then why do you have to go through one of their approved workshop networks? It is possible that the restriction might be considered an unfair contract term but that would be up to a court to decide. A fairer rendition of that clause might say something along the lines of being repaired by a reputable garage who uses genuine parts.

Nonetheless, even if you VT your liability is limited to 50% of the total amount payable. the definition of total price explicitly excludes the recovery of monies relating to compensation, penalty charges or damages for breach of the agreement (which is what you would be doing if you went elsewhere). I've never seen Mercedes look to claim for not having the car serviced at one of their approved workshops other than attempts to claim excess mileage which I should add that you might want to overcompensate on the annual mileage or you might be in for a rough time should you VT at some point.

If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks R0b , so if I VT the agreement, the penalty for not having the vehicle serviced via Mercedes is excluded and they cannot recover that money as its not included within the 50% of the total amount payable... I am looking in to amending my current mileage as I will most likely be going over this.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X