• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Free car park/damage to vehicle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free car park/damage to vehicle

Hi,

I'm very new to this and have searched high/low and contacted the my union,

basically I work in a supermarket and have done for a few years, I've had 3 cars severely damaged by trolleys, door dings and such(including my brand new motorbike ) I recently bought a new Audi s3 low and behold get a damaged first day,

so the issue being I regularly park in the pick up bay, mother and child, or over 2 spaces at the rear because I'm fed up of the £4K+damage I've had and lost on my other cars and now this one, which I work 60+ hours a week for and always have done. My store manager was incredibly rude after asking me politely and ignoring my concerns and other staffs, he's now threatened me with "ignoring a reasonable management request", when he knows it will get damaged, apparently we all "take the risk" (despite him earning 5x my salary), and in future he plans to ticket my vehicle £25..guess the supermarket if you read the news)

They refuse to get staff parking, and there are some signs up but no mention of any rules for the pick up point. When I questioned him he said "well it's not good for the customer" and he'll do me on that. My argument is why do i come to work to repair mt car, is there anything I can do, or if I continue to park over 2 spaces, can he do anything?

I work in the centre of a small town where we have the only free parking (at all, and it's up to 3 hours) so it's always really busy. Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

So you go to work on the bus, or find another place to park off site. Basically the Supermarket are saying "My Property, My rules"

Comment

TBH I'm with ostell on this, if I were a manager of a supermarket & one of my employees left his/her car in the pick up area all day, or straddling 2 spaces in the only free parking area in the town I wouldn't be too happy with them. If your vehicle is so precious to you find another method to get to work, train, bus, cycle or buy a banger to take & this is coming from a petrol head who loves cars & has done exactly that in the past.
      Sorry i'm just thinking out loud, it might be irrelevant, I am not employed in anyway in the legal profession, please ensure you research any advice I give before using it I have been known to be wrong on multiple occasions.

Comment

I can understand both sides it's partly the way he's dealt with it too as he speaks to people like children (not only myself) and is plain rude, I get that it's ""wrong""" bits there's no other simple route and it's ' expected' your car to be damaged, doesn't seem fair when were literally on minimum wage, he refuses to even ask about staff spaces, it is our car park and they can install any equipment they like

I'm starting to park at my partners and walk, mainly I blame inconsiderate **people**who slam their doors on our cars and don't respect others property m

Comment

I think everyone will sympathise with you but if you have a rubbish manager then there's not a lot you can do about it.

Comment

Can't you just park very very badly in 1 space (so much so that nobody would park next to you, right next to the line perhaps).

My son has a neighbour who has had a magnetic sign made saying "Please do not bang my car" which he sticks across the 2 passenger doors (it's massive, (about 2ft square). Looks mental, and I do wonder if it makes people bang his car anyway, as people in this country don't seem to like to play by the rules.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X