• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council Tax - Arrest Warrant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Council Tax - Arrest Warrant

[QUOTE=Snoopy1948;663576]Hi bob158 ....

Taking your first posting 'back to basics', there must be some reason why in 2013 you received 100% council tax support ( benefit ) and why your claim was later investigated as fraud.

I do wonder why I was targeted, and suspect it may have been because I made an official complaint against the council tax dept, and was picked out out of spite as retribution. Yes I was interviewed under caution and at the time had no idea what they thought they had found. The anomoly they found was that the limited company I was running had thousands of pounds being deposited in the bank account each year. They could not understand that firstly the company was a different legal entity, and secondly that I could only declare a salary or dividends if the company was making a profit, and it was loss making. they in other words could not understand the difference between turnover and profit. And yes they did not reinstate the benefits.

One of the reasons why I did not attend court was that the financial information they were requesting would not be available, ie accounts for my business, in my innocence therefore I wrote to the court to ask for an adjournment in a few months until that information was available. Clearly I was naive in not attending, but in my defence have only even been in a county court where this would have been acceptable.

To my mind there was definately something not right about the police being called and searching my home without a search warrant, and I wonder whether the man from Rundles mispresented the nature of the arrest warrant and the police believe that it was a criminal offence for which the warrant had been issued. I have made a complaint to the police and hope to get the reason why they believed they had a right to get involved in a civil matter searching for me in my home when there was no evidence that I was even there.

I do have a number of issues with the councils administration over the last few years, from them not having a published debt collection policy, which the ombusdman deems as being maladministration, to them charging me £125 for each liability order. Two high court judges have now said that this is unlawful if they cannot provide financial information to justify it. I asked the council for these calculations and they had none, they could only say that they had an agreement with the magistrates that they can charge £125 each liability order. They receive more from these liability orders than it costs to run the collection department.

I will as suggested make one further plea to the s151 officer, and hope that he is a more reasonable man/executive than the ones I have been writing to.

Comment

I agree bob158 .... you must clearly put all of your grievances in front of someone in the council concerned and I have always found that the Chief Executive is a good choice as it will filter down rather quickly. Please appreciate that my responses are not intended to be negative towards you but it's almost impossible to offer full constructive advice as there are so many unknowns here.

With reference to this business about Rundles calling police and entering your property. Was there anyone else present in your home? Did they give permission for Rundles to enter and search for goods to distrain upon? Perhaps there was confusion that the police did this where in fact I suspect they simply stood by should there be a breach of the peace.

You need to pinpoint exactly why your benefit was not reinstated first and foremost and take it from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopy1948 View Post

With reference to this business about Rundles calling police and entering your property. Was there anyone else present in your home? Did they give permission for Rundles to enter and search for goods to distrain upon? Perhaps there was confusion that the police did this where in fact I suspect they simply stood by should there be a breach of the peace.
        Yes I had a house guest who knew nothing of the circumstances, Rundles were not looking for goods to possess they were looking for me. As this house guest knew nothing about the situation or any legal rights offence that may have taken place, when police were called they allowed them in as the police officer intimated to them that they had a legal right to search. I do want to get to the bottom of why a police control office thought that this was a priority when no breach of the peace or immediate crime was being committed, they attended immediately when surely they had more pressing issues to deal with. I have my suspicions that the warrant officer did not call 999 or 101 but called a police officer on his mobile and asked him to assist.

As the council are responsible for the action of Rundles I will also make a complaint and ask them to investigate.

Comment

If you are working and not making a profit at the momentyou need to apply for Working tax credit that will give you some money . Re apply for the benefits. Start making payments at £5 per week in cash to the council offices get a receipt each time. This sounds like a case where a local councillor:most of whom are decent folk, will be useful. Go to a solicitorand make a statutory declaration that the information provided is true. ~Usually costs around £10.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X