• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fraudulent Liability Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraudulent Liability Order

Hi All - in summary very upset and here is why....

1) Received summons for council tax arrears from Birmingham city council.
    2) Attended summons at Birmingham magistrates. Was present in court and made my case. There were no arrears.
    3) Council withdraw application for liability order and fees in court - no liability order granted.
    4) Today received letter from Birmingham city council that they obtained a liability order.

I am totally baffled and angry. How have the council obtained this order? What steps can I take next?
    Tags: None

Re: Fraudulent Liability Order

Have you spoken with the council since receiving the letter from Birmingham City Council ?

It may be that they just sent out letter to everyone as they are too used to people not realising they can defend their case. I'd give them a ring before doing anything else.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Apologies should have included a point 5 that I called and they confirmed a liability order was granted.

Comment

Urrghhhh in that case give the court you attended a call, something has gone awry somewhere hasn't it.

How long ago was the hearing ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by layperson View Post

2) Attended summons at Birmingham magistrates. Was present in court and made my case. There were no arrears.
          3) Council withdraw application for liability order and fees in court - no liability order granted.
          4) Today received letter from Birmingham city council that they obtained a liability order.

I am totally baffled and angry. How have the council obtained this order? What steps can I take next?
          When you say you went to court, was it actually heard by a Magistrate, or was it just the 'kangaroo court' in the waiting area, presided over by council staff.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by layperson View Post

What was the reason for the council withdrawing the application (for a Liability Order)?

Comment

Answers to questions from above posts:

1) It was heard in front of magistrates and not the kangaroo court you mention. At the kangaroo court they made every effort to convince me not to be present in front of magistrate
              2) Liability was withdrawn by council because i had proven that I owed them no monies

UPDATE
              Sent a letter to head of revenue etc requesting following:

1) Send Liability Order as issued by Magistrates
              2) Quash the liability order
              3) Offer appropriate financial compensation

RESULT
              1) No liability order forwarded by council
              2) Liability order confirmed quashed and checked directly
              3) reasonable compensation received

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X