• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice needed please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed please

Hi I have recently had 2 attachment of earnings for council tax on my wages which left me with £330 for the month to live on, i have been told there are 2 more outstanding also, my mother has offered to lend me the money to pay these off but what I need to know is if I pay the 2 off that are already attached will the council tax people automatically attach the remaining 2 from my wages as I wouldn't be able to afford it aswell as repaying my mother.

thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Advice needed please

Hi Lainey,

Welcome to Legal Beagles. I know how you are feeling as I've been in a situation with 4 LO's (not AOE's though, but bailiffs for all four instead). It's horrible.

Of as much concern to me here is why you have four lots of debt on CT - I assume it is because you have other debts too.

Forgive me being nosey, but it's to try to help you - Are you up to date with your mortgage/rent? Your gas and electricity? Any secured loans? Any court fines? Any HP payments?

Those are the priority debts (I assume you haven't got child maintenance, but that is one as well).

Do you have other debts which you're currently trying to pay as well?

It sounds to me as though you might have got into a bit of a deep hole and you're not sure how to get out of it. We can help you with that. What we do need, in addition to the council tax issue, is a clear picture of your overall financial situation as well if you don't mind sharing it with us. There will be nothing there that many of us have not experienced first hand I assure you, so don't worry, whatever the situation.

I'll look forward to reading your next post and we'll see if we can get something moving towards getting a resolution and some escape from the stress this must be putting you under. :beagle:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X