• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Liability Order?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liability Order?!

I received a summons to go the magistrates for Council Tax arrears for a rental property I own.

On arrival at Court the usher pointed me towards to a Council representative who said if I feel the amounts are not due immediately go to The Town Hall to resolve; for which I did.

I have now received a Notice of Labiality Order?!

The property I rent out is to two students who exempt from Council Tax for which I have supplied all the information for exemption but they have still not updated the account?!

What is the way forward now?
    Tags: None

Re: Liability Order?!

If your council has obtained a liability order in error, there should be no reason – other than their intransigence – why they shouldn't apply to the Magistrates' court to have it quashed.

You could submit a formal complaint about this and request the authority apply to the magistrates to quash the liability order under Regulation 36A – Ref: S.I. 2004/927.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X