• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

is ct fake???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is ct fake???

hi everybody,

i thought this might be an interesting story. I dont know how many of you have received council tax summons in the past and how many of you have gone to court and tried to make it go away, well i got a ct summons from court that i had to attend today to sort things out. This happened:

i went to court and I have asked for a solicitor to help me, when I have been told i wont get one cas they are not available for ct cases. than i have been told to join the rest of the people on the side and a council worker will be coming to direct us what to do. the council worker came in few minutes and told us to go to the one-stop-shop because there IS NO CT HEARING the council will set up a payment plan for us. i went to the 1stop shop where I have been re-directed to a telephone for someone to set up a payment plan for us - that's what they say. i have told the woman on the other side of the phone that we were, and are unable to pay 100/month that's the reason we fall behind the payments. so she said the only payment she can set up is 130/month.......i just laught and left.

i mean seriously, there is no court hearing, there is no help, except people with no logic, now i just need to prove there is no such thing as council tax......how can they actually say that there was a court hearing where my case has been passed to bailiffs if there is no such thing as court hearing for ct. it seems to me that the entire ct is fake, non existent. just another way to get non existing money out of people....

any comments please what do you think
    Tags: None

Re: is ct fake???

Don't wish to be the bearer of bad news but I suspect you will receive a letter shortly telling you there is a Liability Order against you. Council Tax Liability Orders are usually heard en masse with the outcome largely being a rubber stamping exercise. All the Council have to do is say you are liable to pay this tax as the reasons for not paying are very narrow and unfortunately one them does not include not being able to afford it. In these circumstances you would be expected to apply for CT Benefit or otherwise reduce your non-essential payments to others - loans, credit cards etc.

Comment

Sad fact of life isn't it? One way or another they will get their pound of flesh out of all of us. From personal experience I would suggest you either apply for benefit and, if you are found not eligible, contact the council to see how best to deal with paying it,,cos once BillyBailiff gets involved it gets messy and complicated,,but thats only my personal opinion

Comment

I would always ask the court that allegedly granted the LO to confirm, in writing, whether they have any record of an LO being granted against **********, because it has been found that local authorities have been economical with the truth and don't actually have an LO. Never believe what a local authority tells you. Check and double check, especially where something like an LO is involved.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reques..._summons_fraud

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuJAVn4tW6o

Comment

Who told you you couldn't have a solicitor at a CT hearing? I know of no legislation that denies a person the right to legal representation in any legal proceedings. This smells of bent council and court officials.

Comment

appreciate this, very interesting thank you all of you.

the person who told me there is no solicitor available is the person at the door who is checking you do not bring any weapon in to court. he was saying he can ask but they dont really provide you with solicitor in ct cases.

my question is tho, for an LO to be made against you arent you supposed to have a court hearing? because thats what I have been told on the letter, there will be a court hearing (got the summons with the date to attend) what I have tried to attend on, but soon as I got there I have been told by a council worker there is actually no court hearing and I need to go to town hall to sort the case out. there was no hearing on court what so ever, but on town hall I have been told if I do not pay the 130pounds each month in time it will be passed to bailiffs.this is what i do not understand.

how can someone issue a liability order against me by court, when there is no court hearing at all? - not where I can defend myself on anyway.
                Last edited by eryca03; 14th September 2012, 11:53:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eryca03 View Post
                  appreciate this, very interesting thank you all of you.

the person who told me there is no solicitor available is the person at the door who is checking you do not bring any weapon in to court. he was saying he can ask but they dont really provide you with solicitor in ct cases.

my question is tho, for an LO to be made against you arent you supposed to have a court hearing? because thats what I have been told on the letter, there will be a court hearing (got the summons with the date to attend) what I have tried to attend on, but soon as I got there I have been told by a council worker there is actually no court hearing and I need to go to town hall to sort the case out. there was no hearing on court what so ever, but on town hall I have been told if I do not pay the 130pounds each month in time it will be passed to bailiffs.this is what i do not understand.

how can someone issue a liability order against me by court, when there is no court hearing at all? - not where I can defend myself on anyway.
                  Don't tell me, the person at the door was from G4S or some other private security firm? These people are not legally-trained and indulge in Lower Gastro-Intestinal Ventriloquism. It is not for them to tell you that you cannot obtain legal representation for a court appearance. What you witnessed at the magistrates court is something called Passing Off which is illegal. And I very much doubt the "council worker" was, in fact, a genuine council worker. Genuine council workers tend to try and come to an arrangement that enable you to settle the debt you owe. I think you will find the "council worker" you encountered was an employee of a company called Capita PLC. I can find nothing in the Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992 (as amended) that allows a local authority to put a CT debtor into even further debt engaging in what the person you encountered at the court. I would strongly advise you to check with the court that a valid Liability Order actually exists against you and then get a legal professional on the case. The local authority involved need bringing up with a jolt.

Comment

Someone I know has just experienced similar problems re: a Council Tax Mag Court Summons...a toy town kangaroo court!

This is going on up and down the country, disgraceful.

I must say that I was astonished when I was shown the purported 'Summons' that did not have a valid court number on it, just a council reference number and;
                    The Magistrates Court Crown Seal at the top of the summons did not tally with that of a genuine magistrates court. In short it had been copied and pasted on to the fake document; a phoney.

There is no proper hearing at the mag court and the liability orders are obtained almost automatically and then pursued via county court.

Many have wanted their day at court, in order to plead their case to the magistrates. But of course, there are no magistrates present to plead to;
                    just council officials.
                    A very expensive charade, being charged £100 court cost plus £20 on top of that!

IMHO, the situation stinks, reeks of Revenue raising...
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-A-KMsDVq7U

Comment

It is called Passing Off, Angry Cat, and it is illegal. It is up to people to make a lot of noise and tell as many people as possible as to what is going on. Badgering local councillors and MPs about it and keep badgering them about it until they act to put a stop to it is the only way it is going to be stopped. People need to stand up for themselves and join with others to bring about the necessary changes. Politicians often need reminding that they are servants of the people, not their masters.

Comment

we were suspecting this for a while as the council even refused to give us the 25% off when i was a student. the problem is that i dont really trust solicitors, because they always tell me I am at wrong, because council and the court basically can do whatever they want. I know we live in a very big mess - Bolton, Lancashire to be exact.

I used to work for the council as well until they have started liquidating us. But tell you somet, our manager was steeling money from the centre I was working for, they have told casual workers of 10 years they are not entitled to contract, holiday or sick pay. when it all came to the light we have been still bullied into taking their terms in case of pay offs, otherwise we will not be getting a penny. -and the unison was taking their side. anyway this is a very long story. when they put us through redeployment they have bullied us so much most of us accepted redundancy, so I am at the point I wana go against council with all what I ve got.

i cant stand injustice, lies and cheats i liquidate fakery even in my own life.The only thing stops me is a fact I dont trust lawyers around here either. if someone knows a reliable solicitor around here who has fought case like this before and is not afraid to stand up against bullies i would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Comment

Like I said in an earlier post, Eryca, check with the court whether you have a valid LO against you and get them to confirm this in writing. If there is no LO in existence, that is when you can use the law to your advantage.

Comment

yes i know, first thing I am going to do on Monday is going to court and ask.

Comment

second thought, more I look at my summons more I question that it is fake. there is MC label (in the middle) on it, with case number, my reference and the clerks name and signature. but what I am not sure about is the code on the top right corner. More I look at it more I believe its real. :tinysmile_cry_t: i thought I catch A break for once but it dsnt seem to happen:tinysmile_cry_t:.

anyway I ll still go court and ask.:tinysmile_hmm_t2: than i ll keep you posted.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X