• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

council tax bailiff charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• council tax bailiff charges

Hi all.

I need some help dealing with bailiffs and the council. Any advice would be appreciated.

I wrote a formal complaint to my council tax section regarding charges made and behaviour of their bailiffs.
    I was charged both a first visit fee and levy fee on the same day allegedly for separate visits. I was told by the council this is ok, no regulations to stop that.

I wrote to the bailiffs and asked for the name of the bailiff who attended and where and when he was certificated and also a screenshot of my account, both of which were refused.

The letter I received from the council stated that the bailiffs do not provide this info as "they contain information from third parties who may not want their involvement disclosed. They have had an opinion to support this approach."

!!!????!!

They will not provide the names of bailiffs as any court action against them will be vigorously defended which will result in significant costs aginst me when court finds in favour of them.
    I have checked the bailiff online register, only 3 registered, none of which are the bailiff who called to me.

Really need to find out if all I've been told is correct, please help, any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Steve.

Re: council tax bailiff charges

I've replied about the visit fees on your other thread (I didn't see this one).

As for not supplying your data, make it a formal Subject Access Request and then they cannot refuse you Bailiff - SAR - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X