• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Non Compliant Septic Tank issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non Compliant Septic Tank issue

Hi all.

Hope you are well. I am after some advice or any experience on the below please. Help would be greatly apreciated.

We placed an offer on a house in October! Basically we got the house alot cheaper. Needs alot of cosmetic work. Plus the shared Septic tank on the neighbours property is non compliant. (Disperses into a water course)
    So we was always aware we would install our own treatment plant.
    All was going well. Finally got the mortgage offer in December. However mortgage company as put on one of the conditions "Solicitor to ensure private drainage system is compliant". Now we obviously have always been aware its not and would be doing the work within 12 months of moving in. However the Solicitor is being slow. I have finally got the Lender and Solicitor talking after 4 weeks. My broker has put more work in than anyone to be honest.
    The lender has asked the solicitor how the security would be protected with the septic tank as it is.
    We have invested alot of money already and we do not want to loose out.
    The Solicitor is awaiting the information requested by the vendor before they communicate back to the lender.
    But i already know that the vendor has not updated the Septic tank as we have talked and still do.

Surely there must be a way of working with the lender. Maybe an indemnity policy?

Has anyone had any experience in this please? Any solutions ?

Cheers
    Tags: None

Good Morning. We are in a similar position. Two weeks from completion and the noncompliant tank is thrown into the mix. It's not that it discharges into ground water, rather the tank is too small for the property. Seller is older and won't want to update it. We'd be happy to take on the work with a renegotiation in price but need the lender to lend to get into the property to do it. How did this work out for you? Did you find a policy or did the lender agree a timescale to get the works completed? I hope you can shed some light on our situation as we don't want the sale to collapse. Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X