• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Remortgage issues with conveyancer who hasn’t registered the property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remortgage issues with conveyancer who hasn’t registered the property

Hello, I’m looking for some advice regarding my remortgage and a conveyancer who failed to register the property. My fixed rate mortgage is coming to an end in December, I started the remortgage process as soon as possible in July.

The conveyancer who I originally used hadn’t registered the property due to extreme delays at Land Registry. They expedited the registration, but it still hasn’t gone through because apparently the original seller’s solicitor had failed to remove the previous owner’s Help to Buy charge from the property 2 years ago. After months of back and forth between the 2 solicitors this still hasn’t been actioned, with no resolution in sight. It now looks increasingly unlikely that my reportage will go through, which will come at a huge financial cost.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to get compensation in this situation? If so, who would I even make the claim to?

I’d appreciate any insight anyone has!

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Are you and Notatmydesk related? I have answered the same question a few days ago: https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ster-ownership
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

atticus not related! But a very strange coincidence

Comment

No we're not related but looks like a similar but situation!

Comment

PG: your conveyancer should (a) have ensured that the previous charge was removed before completing your purchase and (b) registered you as purchaser promptly. If your conveyancer did not do these things, you appear to have good grounds to bring a claim, as advised in the other thread.
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thank you atticus that's good to know, I will look into how to proceed with that.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X