• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problem with Joint Freehold on two maisonettes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Joint Freehold on two maisonettes

Hello,

I have recently discovered that there is a second title deed for my late fathers maisonette that refers to the freehold. Unfortunately, there was no record of this among my late fathers papers, only the leasehold title deed, which I duly got transfered into my name. The other name on the Freehold deed is the owner of the other maisonette. As the ownership is joint, the TR1 requires their signature. Unfortunately, the two of us have had issues in the past and I suspect that they will not be co-operative when I raise this issue with them. Is there any way I can get the TR1 done without involving my neighbour or is it possible to get them to co-operate somehow?
    Tags: None

In order to transfer the freehold of the property, both joint owners would need to sign the TR1 form. If your neighbor is unwilling to cooperate, there are a few potential options:
    1. Try to negotiate with your neighbor: If you have had issues in the past, it may be worthwhile to try to talk to your neighbor and explain the situation. If they understand the importance of the freehold title deed, they may be willing to sign the TR1.
    2. Consult a solicitor: A solicitor who specializes in property law may be able to offer advice on the best way to proceed. They can also assist with drafting a letter or negotiating with your neighbor.
    3. Apply for a court order: If your neighbor is uncooperative, it may be possible to apply for a court order to force them to sign the TR1. This can be a lengthy and expensive process, so it should be considered as a last resort.
    4. Consider buying out your neighbor's share: If all else fails, you may be able to purchase your neighbor's share of the freehold. This would give you sole ownership of the property and eliminate the need for their signature on the TR1 form.

It is important to note that each situation is unique, and the best course of action will depend on the specific circumstances. It is always a good idea to seek legal advice before taking any action.

(Answer entirely by courtesy of OPENAI.GBT - missing 'u')

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X