• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Found a box of original wet inked documents.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a box of original wet inked documents.

During an attic cleanout, I have found a box of documents relating to a house I purchased in 1991. Some of the documents are conveyancing but strangely there are death certificates in there for people who lived at the property and some legal documents going back to 1960s (that's when it was built). Quite a lot and I don't remember ever seeing them. I sold the property in 1996 and heard nothing so I doubt anyone "needs" these?

What shall I do with them?
    Tags: None

You could send them to the address of the property, marked for the attention of the owner. Put a short note inside explaining why.

You never know, they may just be useful: let the present owner decide.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Over 30 years ago. The purchaser I sold to moved out after 3 years and I have no idea who has had it in the 27 years since then. Some of it has my personal info on too. I've since asked a solicitor based on your feedback and I shall await them or a solicitor on here me thinks.

Comment

Have you read my signature?

Given that you have added information that was not in your first post, is there anything else you wish to say, youthinks?
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Just write to the occupier at the address, and offer to send in the documents which relate to the property. Omit anything from the bundle which you consider properly private.

These documents do retain value for the occupier.

Comment

Thank you for all the superb advice. I wrotr to the current owner and agreed to handover certain selected papers at a small cost for my petrol.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X