• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Property boundary diagram wrong!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property boundary diagram wrong!!!

I am buying a repossessed property through an estate agent and my solicitor has just sent me a copy of the boundary plans. I am a bit alarmed that she has sent me this as they are totally wrong and do not match what the estate agent has put on their website and showed me during the viewings.

The house is a typical Victorian terrace with a small garden at the front, and a small courtyard at the back. Behind the house is an alley and on the other side of the alley is a garage and garden I was told belonged to the house.

The boundary plan I have been sent only outlines the house. It omits both the front garden and the back courtyard and omits the garage and garden on the other side of the alley.

Surely my solicitor is paid to protect me from any sharp practices or administrative mistakes so why am I in receipt of a boundary plan that is so inaccurate?

Because the house is repossessed it is being bought as seen but the boundary plan suggests to me that no proper title deeds have been presented. The property is unregistered.

Does anyone have any explanation as to how the boundary plan could be so wrong and what would be the best course of action from here?
    Tags: None

Best course of action is to discuss the matter with your solicitor.

Comment

The property diagrams on title deed come from Land Registry, that is the final description of what you will own.

If the entire property the way it is currently held is fenced and public access is restricted you might be able to take it over under "adverse possession" laws.

Comment

Land Registry diagrams are only indicative and are often inaccurate.
        The boundaries can be determined, but first talk to your solicitor*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X