• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can insurance company sue me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can insurance company sue me?

Thanks des8

What does the RSA mean?

Comment

Royal Sun Alliance

Comment

Hi, its been one and a half weeks, since I sent my original rental contracts, I still haven't had them or copies sent back to me. When's best to chase the solicitors in writing?

Comment

You sent the originals and didn't take copies?
          Write today asking for their return

Comment

Just to keep you up to date, I wrote to ask for original rent contracts, as per your request and to date the firm has not replied.

Comment

Repeat request in stronger language, pointing out they are unlawfully retaining your property.
              Send signed for.
              Who are these "solicitors"?

Comment

I've had reply, they never received contracts, looks like royal mail lost them. I will load up the letter in next few days as they want to discuss the case with me now.

Comment

Convenient:tinysmile_cry_t:

Report loss to Royal Mail. They MIGHT find it. https://royalmailemailform.datasquir...ContactUs.aspx

Comment

The letter read:
                    When you called last, you advised that you prefer not to give us your telephone number. We would like to discuss the claim in more detail with you however and I would therefore be most grateful if you could contact me.
                    I apologise for any lack of clarity in my previous correspondence to you with regards to the nature of our involvement with this matter.
                    We were presented with the claim from the household insurers of "landlord name" who we understand were the landlords of the above property in 2010. As the claim presented lacked detail as to the circumstances of the incident we have been waiting to receive further details from the landlords solicitors before contacting you and to avoid causing you any unnecessary disruption.
                    I unfortunately do not hold a full copy of you insurance policy documents on my file of papers and I have therefore requested a copy of this from the insurance company and will provide you with a copy as soon as I have received the same.
                    With regards to rental agreements you sent I can confirm we have not received these. Can you provide the code used at the post office in order that we can look in to this further.
                    We do still require a copy of the documents and would be grateful if you could provide a further copy asap.
                    I would be grateful if you could contact me in order that we may discuss the matter further with you.
                    Thank you for your assistance to date. I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

That was the letter I got from the solicitors. I chased royal mail and the letter was returned to me all crumpled up in the original envelope with both my rental contracts........ It seems the solicitors were telling the truth, they never received my rental contracts. I had put something wrong in the address.

Comment

What would you advise I do at this stage with what the solicitors have requested? Considering I had been told, this was a filed case and no one was pursuing anyone for anything. I'm a bit confused as to what they wish to discuss. I was asleep at the time the fire started and the fire report stated cigarettes. Thanks.

Comment

Sorry for delay in responding.
                          Before suggesting a course of action can you please tell us the name of these "solicitors"?
                          Have they WRITTEN to say for whom they are acting?

Comment

Good job you got the originals back

Comment

Weightmans. I wrote and asked, 'I am prepared to assist my old insurers, but they were not called age at the time. So as confirmation that I am helping MY insurers, I would like a copy of my old contents insurance policy. According to your letter age insurance had informed me of a claim being made against them, that was the first I heard regarding the matter'.
                              Weight man replied:
                              Age replaced gro in Oct 2013. I understand they wrote to all of their customers at the time advising of the change however you may wish to contact them directly if you wish to clarify that position.

Comment

Looking at it, it doesn't exactly confirm anything. I was no longer with age in 2013 I had taken my insurance out with another company when I moved. Weightmans letter does not clarify when the claim began from landlords insurer either. 2010 was the year of the fire, unless they put a claim in the same year after both companies paid us out. Maybe you will read it differently.
                                Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X