• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Worried sick!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Worried sick!

Originally posted by john 1963 View Post
    "once that has been done and I have the money I will take the matter to a solicitor and take Swift to court."

and Swift's barristers will rip to pieces any solicitor you use then you will have a massive legal bill on top. Good Luck.

i sincerely hope I don't need to. I have worked out the loan using both interest rates quoted on the credit agreement both results are wrong! I worked out the loan at the lower rate and whatever way you "dress" it up it is still wrong! I am going to write to the FOS detailing everything and enclosing the paperwork Swift have sent me. I really should report both Swift and their contractors to the police for theft as some of my personal possessions went missing from the property prior to the chattel notice expiring. I would like to see how they could get out of that one as they were responsible for the contractors. I am going to contact my local MP to ask that strict guidelines are brought in around repossessions and also when it comes to gaining access to your property to collect your possessions. I asked for two days as I knew one day would not be enough this was refused. Swift told me that they would have charged me upfront for a second day at the property, this to me is despicable as they know perfectly well that anybody in that position would not have the money. I have just been given some useful information this afternoon so I will be following that up. Did you know that Swift's solicitors were taken to court over conveyancing! Couldn't even do that properly! Between Swift and their solicitors they're all as dodgy as each other. Will let you know what happens with the FOS Rosie

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
      Just for the sake of intimidation or chance, I had to defend myself against a barrister of a rather large plank & in the end the judge did think there was merit in my arguments, so much so that I have secured assistance on a no win no fee representation from a professional.

This being vague (because it is live) to write the least but inspiration & focus on these issues is/could be rewarded. There is no chance if not challenged.

Hi Fred well done you! You have to challenge these corporate bullies because that is exactly what they are. I have plenty of fire in my belly to tackle Swift. I will not lie down to these bullies. I a tougher cookie than they think I am. I might be 67 but boy I have a good brain and it works well (very well in fact) I think they think I am silly yeah right they don't know what they are dealing with yet! Will let you know how things go. Rosie

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie500 View Post
        Hi Fred well done you! You have to challenge these corporate bullies because that is exactly what they are. I have plenty of fire in my belly to tackle Swift. I will not lie down to these bullies. I a tougher cookie than they think I am. I might be 67 but boy I have a good brain and it works well (very well in fact) I think they think I am silly yeah right they don't know what they are dealing with yet! Will let you know how things go. Rosie
        I wish you all the very best of success & for what it is worth your timing is also very good. Please have a look at the links with regard to what you believe is wrong & ask/comment on here with your views on what you have experienced. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

I wish you all the very best of success & for what it is worth your timing is also very good. Please have a look at the links with regard to what you believe is wrong & ask/comment on here with your views on what you have experienced. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Hi Fred thanks for all your help I will post on here what I experience. Thank you again Rosie

Comment

Rosie I do wish you well being a swift victim as well. Do you have any further details regarding the solicitors and conveyencing just in case it is the same set up as mine. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by meellis View Post
              Rosie I do wish you well being a swift victim as well. Do you have any further details regarding the solicitors and conveyencing just in case it is the same set up as mine. thanks

Hi it was something I saw online. I recognised the name as being Swift's solicitors. Swift have made a mess of a loan I took out with them there are two interest rates on the loan agreement instead of one. I have worked out the payments and no matter how you "dress"it up they are wrong. All I can suggest is that you contact your local CAB they may well have a firm of solicitors they retain who will be able to give you some free advice, it might only be for twenty minutes but it should help. I am referring the matter with Swift back to the FOS. Everything I have seen online about Swift has been bad.

Rosie

Comment

I'm further down the road from you Rosie so unfortunately I understand a great deal about the ways of Swift and I am well aware of your issues and how similar they are to many others and probably a lot more when they realise their loans aren't progressing they way they planned. Keep on with the FOS, they do seem to be fairly useless but at least if you go to court it looks as though you have gone through the proper channels before getting to court. John has a reason to be dismissive but if we all gave it up as a none starter then nothing would be achieved.

Comment

I'm further down the road from you Rosie so unfortunately I understand a great deal about the ways of Swift and I am well aware of your issues and how similar they are to many others and probably a lot more when they realise their loans aren't progressing they way they planned. Keep on with the FOS, they do seem to be fairly useless but at least if you go to court it looks as though you have gone through the proper channels before getting to court. John has a reason to be dismissive but if we all gave it up as a none starter then nothing would be achieved.

Hi yes I agree wholeheartedly if we all gave up nothing would be achieved. These corporate bullies need to be stood up to, they don't like it but that's their tough cheddar! The last dealings I had with the FOS was a complete disaster, the ombudsman dealing with my complaint seemed to be in cahoots with Swift she paid absolutely no attention to what I was telling her I might as well have saved my breath! This lady who will be dealing with my complaint this time seems much better so let's hope she takes on board what I am saying. There is plenty of advice out there it is a matter of handling Swift the right way, I would think there are plenty of solicitors out there who have had experience of lenders just like Swift. I certainly have no intention of giving up. Rosie

Comment

meelis what has actually been achieved against them? I can't see anything apart from the case in Ireland.

Comment

• Re: Worried sick!

Originally posted by john 1963 View Post
                      meelis what has actually been achieved against them? I can't see anything apart from the case in Ireland.
                      John I don't know what you are talking about, I don't know about the case in Ireland. I'm Rosie. Swift are a tough nut to crack they lie like hell. I have two completion statements from the sale of my property which both show the incorrect asking price. They phoned me and said it had been on for £110,000 which is not true it was on for £119,995. I am going to try and find those two completion statements. I will argue my case through the FOS for now. Will keep you posted. Rosie

Comment

John it is difficult to say what has or is being achieved against them and believe me I am as frustrated as you. I understand you have issues with FOS on the matter and we all have issues with Swift, I believe there was a new post on here this morning from somebody with a ridiculous settlement statement. But as I said if we all gave up then nothing would happen and who knows Rosie might find the key to unlock the problems we are all suffering from. Rosie there are new rules on second charge lending coming in next year and we will have to wait and see how that effects things but it is sure to shake up the market and there are other things going on, if you haven't already then SAR swift and ask them for copies of your Acturial account and maybe recordings of phone calls as well as all the paperwork. John I understand your issues but try not to put people off of an already difficult task because they might be the person who finds a way in.

Comment

John it is difficult to say what has or is being achieved against them and believe me I am as frustrated as you. I understand you have issues with FOS on the matter and we all have issues with Swift, I believe there was a new post on here this morning from somebody with a ridiculous settlement statement. But as I said if we all gave up then nothing would happen and who knows Rosie might find the key to unlock the problems we are all suffering from. Rosie there are new rules on second charge lending coming in next year and we will have to wait and see how that effects things but it is sure to shake up the market and there are other things going on, if you haven't already then SAR swift and ask them for copies of your Acturial account and maybe recordings of phone calls as well as all the paperwork. John I understand your issues but try not to put people off of an already difficult task because they might be the person who finds a way in.

Hi hi meellis I have already got an SAR on Swift, the only thing they wouldn't give me was anything to do with my property they said "it was nothing to do with me"! I informed Swift it had everything to do with me, the property had been my home for just over thirteen years and how dare they say it had nothing to do with me. I wonder if it would be worth asking for a recording of the last phone call they made to me as they keep saying they don't know where I get the £110,000 from they kept telling me that this was what the house was on the market for which is not the case. My property was on for£119,995 so it would have attracted a higher sale figure than £115,000. I still feel they are trying to hide something. Would I need another SAR to obtain recordings of any phone calls (recent) and any paperwork for the property. I feel sure this is where the truth lies, I think they have mixed up all the paperwork from properties that they took into possession at the same time as mine. There was a property near me that was on the market for £110,000 and sold for £115,000 the key to everything could lie here. I am just looking at the loan agreement the payments on the loan agreement are not what I paid there is an interest rate of 15.8% and further down is an interest rate of 12.99% the payment shown on the loan agreement is £283.40 what I was paying was £288.15 a difference of £4.75. I know it is not mega bucks but when you work it out it comes to £57.00 per year over a 25 year period i make it £1,425.00 on top the charge for credit they have put as £62,520.00! I spoke to the ICO recently and their view is that Swift are in breach. Rosie

Comment

I have read for years very distressing stories over second charge loans & the damage they have caused/continue to cause.

This is the most ignored scandal (in my view) that exists in banking today. There is allegedly miss-selling, secret commissions, wrongful charges, unlawful interest rate increases, all topped with services & attitudes that defy any consumer rights.

I have personally tried every aspect of breaking these people down (legally of course) & now believe it just a matter of a little more time, I honestly think the efforts of those who do not give up have brought this ridiculous set of circumstances to a point where it can no longer continue.

Its wonderful to read somebody is trying & every credit to all who want this resolved as soon as possible, hardly have I ever read any one person trying to dissolve responsibilities moreover they just want a "fair" deal & pay their debts openly with integrity.

Keep trying, it is going to change for the better.

Comment

I have read for years very distressing stories over second charge loans & the damage they have caused/continue to cause.

This is the most ignored scandal (in my view) that exists in banking today. There is allegedly miss-selling, secret commissions, wrongful charges, unlawful interest rate increases, all topped with services & attitudes that defy any consumer rights.

I have personally tried every aspect of breaking these people down (legally of course) & now believe it just a matter of a little more time, I honestly think the efforts of those who do not give up have brought this ridiculous set of circumstances to a point where it can no longer continue.

Its wonderful to read somebody is trying & every credit to all who want this resolved as soon as possible, hardly have I ever read any one person trying to dissolve responsibilities moreover they just want a "fair" deal & pay their debts openly with integrity.

Keep trying, it is going to change for the better.

Hi Fred yes I will certainly keep going, I have no intention of giving up. The two interest rates on the loan agreement I just don't understand. As far as I am aware a loan only has one interest rate. It must all come out in the wash, it has to. Swift and others like them cannot possibly keep getting away with it. I have said it and will say it again one of these days Swift are going to go a step too far so much so that they are going to come a cropper. What goes around comes around, it is about time they got their comeuppance. I am going to send a detailed letter to the FOS and take it from there. Let's hope things get sorted. Will keep you posted Rosie

Comment

Rosie, I don't know if you can post up a copy of your agreement with all the personal details covered. The two interest rates could be the same but quoted in a different way, complicated. Have you searched online for the sale price of the property, a lot of sights will show the history of house prices sold in an area so if you looked for houses for sale in the same street you might find the price yours was sold for. The problem we all face is not that things don't add up or we feel they are wrong it is actually producing the evidence to back up the suspicions. I believe there is something inherent with the way they apply the interest to the accounts but trying to find the evidence of what they are doing and how it contradicts the agreement signed is the key.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X