• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Worried sick!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Worried sick!

Originally posted by Mic View Post
    Thanks for the information. I am sorry if I was unclear with this part.

If the loan was taken out in September, and there is a 45 day minimum notification period, then Swift would have had to give the notification to the client within a narrow time frame. This would be as early as the second week in September to the second week in October (for payment to clear in November. October has 30 days so there is 14 days before October to be within the 45 day time frame, up to say the 25th November for a latest payment date, which would be the 9 October .

Now I must say, would it be reasonable for a company to give a loan at one rate, then immediately, once the contract had been signed, hike the rate ?

Hope this clarifies what I meant before.

I have been been doing a bit of "digging" and see that your lender is supposed to inform the local authorities that they intend to take possession of your property. Swift did not do this. When I went to the council following the eviction they asked who had taken possession I said "Swift" this is not right. I am going to inform the FOS about this and see what happens, or would I need to write to the FOS and submit my complaint. Rosie

Comment

"Hi I wholeheartedly agree that the ombudsman are a waste of space."

glad you finally worked it out, look on the bright side at least they never lost all your paperwork

Comment

Originally posted by john 1963 View Post
        "Hi I wholeheartedly agree that the ombudsman are a waste of space."

glad you finally worked it out, look on the bright side at least they never lost all your paperwork
        Thanks john that does fill me with confidence not! I won't give up no way. At the moment I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I haven't given up yet all I am going to say is watch this space. I have plenty of fight left in me. Rosie

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie500 View Post
          Thanks john that does fill me with confidence not! I won't give up no way. At the moment I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I haven't given up yet all I am going to say is watch this space. I have plenty of fight left in me. Rosie
          By all means keep going.............some carefully constructed argument & specific detail will go a long way. Bear in mind the alleged wrongdoing & the best means to complain is/are not allays staring you in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
            By all means keep going.............some carefully constructed argument & specific detail will go a long way. Bear in mind the alleged wrongdoing & the best means to complain is/are not allays staring you in the face.

Hi Fred I have a letter all written to Swift regarding personal possessions that were taken from my property before the chattel notice had expired. I have informed Swift that they have fourteen days to start sorting things out and if they dont then the police will be informed. Rosie

Comment

been very quiet, any developments?

Comment

been very quiet, any developments?
                Hi everything is quiet at the moment, I wrote back to Swift about a fortnight ago letting them know that I am not backing down until they sort things out. I intend to fight them to the bitter end and I really mean that, I don't give up that easily. Will keep you posted. Rosie

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie500 View Post
                  Hi everything is quiet at the moment, I wrote back to Swift about a fortnight ago letting them know that I am not backing down until they sort things out. I intend to fight them to the bitter end and I really mean that, I don't give up that easily. Will keep you posted. Rosie

Hi hi I have had a letter from Swift the other day just as nasty as ever! Well there's a surprise not! I have contacted the CAB who got back to me yesterday they offered me an appointment wth a housing solicitor who will give me thirty minutes free advice. My appointment is for the 5th February at 10.45. I think this is going to be the best way to sort these cowboys out. Will let you know what they say. Rosie

Comment

For clarity, an SAR is used to obtain any personal data held in any format (digital, hard copy etc) which can identify a living person.
                    This would not necessarily include any 3rd party data.
                    The data must be given in an intelligible way, it must be fairly & accurately recorded.
                    & the ICO will only concern themselves over the correct issue of that data, not the possible effects of further problems due to incorrect data. (ie they will not sort out the problems caused re incorrect info, but will get involved insofar as checking to see if the info given was correct).
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                      For clarity, an SAR is used to obtain any personal data held in any format (digital, hard copy etc) which can identify a living person.
                      This would not necessarily include any 3rd party data.
                      The data must be given in an intelligible way, it must be fairly & accurately recorded.
                      & the ICO will only concern themselves over the correct issue of that data, not the possible effects of further problems due to incorrect data. (ie they will not sort out the problems caused re incorrect info, but will get involved insofar as checking to see if the info given was correct).

Hi I have moved past the ICO their powers are very limited. I have also moved past the SAR stage ages ago. A whole lot of different issues have raised their ugly heads. Swift's letter is mostly a bunch of lies. They tell so many they can't remember the last one they told. I will keep my appointment with the housing solicitor on the 5th February. I don't appreciate quotes from goodness knows who. Very droll. Will keep you posted Rosie

Comment

Hi Rosie,Just a couple of points for you to understand and think about.
                        1….You say that your loan started in Sept 2007.
                        And say that you had an increase in your interest rate soon after the start.
                        You also say that Swift say that they sent you a letter advising of this increase.
                        You say you never received it.
                        I believe you 100%............because the term saying they can says they can do this to cover the cost of THEIR funding/borrowing.

Top notch Swift witness Mr "Pinnochio" Mark White ( Swifts Risk Manager and private share holder in Swifts Holding Company) said under oath in a court case in Chester County Court stated the only cost to their funding /borrowing was the LIBOR rate. He also said Swift didn't pay commission..............they did and he knew they did....and also paid " Over ride Commissions"
                        The LIBOR rate began to decrease the month your loan started.
                        It follows that they had no reason to increase your interest rate what so ever.
                        Letters borrowers used to get when they had their rate increased stated something like
                        “ Due to the increase in the cost of our funding we have to increase the rate on your loan”

I believe the reason you did not get such a letter is that they did not issue one because they did not have any legitimate reason to write one.

2…..The secret commission issue.
                        Hidden in their precontract paper work are the words “ If your loan was introduced by a broker we may pay the broker commission”

That is how they con the Courts and get out of the claim of secret commission ( mainly against LIP's)……….however they fall foul of the Wilson & anthr v Hurstanger Ltd ruling have a good read of the last paragraphs in that case.
                        "I'll be Back"
                        Sparkie

Note The more money and homes Mr White assists in repossessing the more dividend he will receive.

Comment

"once that has been done and I have the money I will take the matter to a solicitor and take Swift to court."

and Swift's barristers will rip to pieces any solicitor you use then you will have a massive legal bill on top. Good Luck.

Is this really in the spirit of Legal Beagles ?

I thought that Legal Beagles gave hope to the oppressed!

My first post!
                          Sorry that is not one of HOPE.
                          Last edited by rainydays20; 27th January 2016, 01:42:AM. Reason: New info

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
                            Just for the sake of intimidation or chance, I had to defend myself against a barrister of a rather large plank & in the end the judge did think there was merit in my arguments, so much so that I have secured assistance on a no win no fee representation from a professional.

This being vague (because it is live) to write the least but inspiration & focus on these issues is/could be rewarded. There is no chance if not challenged.
                            Many judges are beginning to appreciate lay (LIP) testimony.

I had a District Judge in CCJ case throw out all the accusers case!
                            Sweet Justice.

Comment

"once that has been done and I have the money I will take the matter to a solicitor and take Swift to court."

and Swift's barristers will rip to pieces any solicitor you use then you will have a massive legal bill on top. Good Luck.
                              Have Swift's solicitors actually done anything wrong legally?
                              Morally doesn't Count. Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by rainydays20 View Post
                                Is this really in the spirit of Legal Beagles ?

I thought that Legal Beagles gave hope to the oppressed!

My first post!
                                Sorry that is not one of HOPE.
                                Many judges are beginning to appreciate lay (LIP) testimony.

I had a District Judge in CCJ case throw out all the accusers case!
                                Sweet Justice.
                                Have Swift's solicitors actually done anything wrong legally?
                                Morally doesn't Count. Sorry
                                I do believe we have a fox in the henhouse!

Possibly a Swift spy, methinks! :spy:
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                                gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X