• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

living in temporary accommodation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• living in temporary accommodation

Hi, I am living in a 1bedroom temporary accommodation property. It was arranged by the council after I've made a homeless application about 6 years ago together with my son. Now he lives with his girlfriend but still is a part of moving group on Choice Based Lettings website, therefore I have 2-bed allocated for the bidding. He is a part of original homeless application. What are my rights? Can I request for my bidding details to be changed so I will be able to bid for 1bed? He can't decide whether he wants to stay on the application?

Another question. Is it ok if my boyfriend moves in with me to live in temporary accommodation?

Thank you for advice.
    Tags: None

Re: living in temporary accommodation

You cannot just move your boyfriend into your temporary accommodation if he is not named as part of your family on your original homeless application. You could ask the Council for permission but it is unlikely to be granted. Also, if you go ahead and do so without their permission and they find out, they can ask you to leave. Regardless of whether your son was part of the original application or not, if he is now not homeless, you need to inform the Council straight away. If you tell them he is no longer part of your application, you will of course be able to change your CBL status and bid for one bed properties only. Hope this helps :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X