• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Flooding Caused by Council Drain Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flooding Caused by Council Drain Problem

Hi Everyone I'm after some advice, here is the story, we own our home, it a end terrace on a block of 20, the whole terrace starts at road level at one end and goes down to about 2 foot below road level at my end, directly out side the front door is a public foot path then a small wall then road. our house it set up off the foot path by about 6 inches.

at the very edge of the foot path before the wall is a gully that runs all the way along the terrace,at a number of points along the gully there is drain and one final drain rite out side our house.

the problem we have been having for the last 6 years is in very heavy rain the drain out side out house can't cope, the whole path from out side our house floods up to the hight of our door step 6 inches deep, this prevents us leaving our house, it tends to take about an hour or two to drain down, how we have not been flooded so far is amazing, its been just a few mm below the door before but normally very heavy rain showers are short and we get lucky.

since moving here we have send a number of letters, companies and photos of the problem to the local council and they just send a drain cleaning lorry and we get the same response from the met that they believe the pipe has collapsed in the road causing the problem, then nothing gets done.

what i trying to find out is where do i stand legally? I'm fed up of getting nowhere with the council, i don't want to be flooded and want them to sort it out
    Tags: None

Re: Flooding Caused by Council Drain Problem

The problem for you really is that until you are flooded (several times?) the council, in these cash strapped times. won't prioritise your situation.

Have you tried involving your local councillor? He might put pressure on for you.

In the meantime keep your insurance up to date!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X