• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wrong land registry title number on title,mortgage deed & charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong land registry title number on title,mortgage deed & charge

Broker obtained mortgage from so called lender in 2005 for leasehold flat, Mortgage sold on twice and now for the last 8 years we have been with a low life Lehman cast off company who has been giving us the usual run around and a hard time. I have now found out that the mortgage deed, mortgage title and charge all refer to the wrong Land Registry Title. I would love to be able to give them a taste of their own medication for a change . Is there anything I am able to do considering they have used the wrong title number on every thing, The present owner of the mortgage claims that the error was down to the original lender and its not their problem to address. Would be great-full if some one could point us in the right direction.
    Robinhood2003

Re: Wrong land registry title number on title,mortgage deed & charge

The error will need to be corrected. Contact the Land Registry for advice on how to do this.

Comment

I am unsure, are you asking if it needs to be corrected or are you asking whether it can be used against them, I assume its the latter but enquirer seems to feel the former.

Comment

Originally posted by meellis View Post
        I am unsure, are you asking if it needs to be corrected or are you asking whether it can be used against them, I assume its the latter but enquirer seems to feel the former.
        It would appear that the original mortgage lender some how wrongly used the freeholder owners title number instead of our the flats leasehold title number,there are two other leasehold flats in the same freehold building and the freehold building belongs to a company. They have mistakenly used the freeholders owners title number on all documents that relates in any way to our lease hold flats mortgage including the title deed. Well I am sure that my present owner/lender of our mortgage will not wish to do anything as they have bankruptcy receivers chasing them for the missing Lehman millions.

How ever I would very much like to get one over on the present owners of my mortgage to whom I pay each month as they are a nasty bunch of crooks who have overcharged us and for the last few years been giving us the run a round in respect to information required of them.
        Robinhood2003

Comment

I am inclined to doubt if there is much to be achieved with regard to the lender. Getting the title corrected is however of the utmost importance - doubly so if they go bust.

Comment

Originally posted by enquirer View Post
            I am inclined to doubt if there is much to be achieved with regard to the lender. Getting the title corrected is however of the utmost importance - doubly so if they go bust.
            well the present so called owner/lender of my mortgage doesn't appear to care as the mortgage has been subject to securitisation, I get the feeling they just wish to leave it as it is. How would I go about getting it corrected ?, The original lender stated in a letter that they no longer have any records as our mortgage was sold on in 2005 and their data policy is to delete every thing after five years. The present company who apparently own the legal interest to my mortgage have no employees and just one sleeping director and its taken me almost a year just to get a detailed report of my account from them, the mortgage servicing company is only interested in receiving the monthly payments and i am not getting any response from securitisation company, Perhaps I should contact the receivers directly. In fact it now appears that the mortgage broker who arranged the loan in the first place did some very interesting things like signing the application form on my behalf.
            Robinhood2003

Comment

Originally posted by Robinhood2013 View Post
              well the present so called owner/lender of my mortgage doesn't appear to care as the mortgage has been subject to securitisation, I get the feeling they just wish to leave it as it is. How would I go about getting it corrected ?, The original lender stated in a letter that they no longer have any records as our mortgage was sold on in 2005 and their data policy is to delete every thing after five years. The present company who apparently own the legal interest to my mortgage have no employees and just one sleeping director and its taken me almost a year just to get a detailed report of my account from them, the mortgage servicing company is only interested in receiving the monthly payments and i am not getting any response from securitisation company, Perhaps I should contact the receivers directly. In fact it now appears that the mortgage broker who arranged the loan in the first place did some very interesting things like signing the application form on my behalf.
              You have tried to rectify the mistake and they have refused so I would be tempted to play them at their own game and pull a fast one.

Sell the flat!

The solicitor acting for you will check the land registry for any charges against the leasehold by the title number of the flat, not the freehold, and see that there is no charge.

The solicitor will then proceed to complete the sale and transfer the title of the flat into the name of the new owners.

The solicitor will pay you any money left over from the sale after charges and their fees are deducted.

You take the money, spend it, enjoy it!

Lender gets nothing as they have not got a charge on the leasehold title and they find out what it is like to be on the receiving end of a good ripoff!

That is what I would do!!!!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X