• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

repossession desparate for advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• repossession desparate for advice please

hello, i wonder if any of you wise people can help please. Waill try and keep to the detail.
    in August 2012 my BS took out suspended possession order and increased payments by £9 per month. Think there were one or two months where payments fell a bit short but no issues from BS.
    I n March 2013 a very close relative died within 8 days of going into hospital. He was 49 and died of similar illness to my husband who died at 52. I had to help financially with funeral and as I new there would be difficulties with mortgage spoke to them.
    Also had been doing bit of casual work[ am retired] but would use this to make up mortgage payments. Never got paid and still havent.
    For 2 months phoned BS twicw a week as they insisted and paid various amounts. Repeatedly asked if they were going to evict me and was told no
    In August my health ie depression very poor so i wrote to BS to say going to my daughters abd would make payment in Sept. I made this plus an extra £100 off arrears
    continued to pay but only £50 each month off arrears and now have made 5 consecutive payments as promised myself not going through dealing with BS
    on 17/1/14 recieved letter from BS soliciters to say they were applying for an eviction.Rang BS and said it was because not paid in Sept. Contacted bank who provided evidence of payment
    Bs still want to go ahead but providing i can pay £28 per month off arrears will agree.
    After i put in a complaint the BS now admit they have found the payment it was due to a technical error.
    The eviction date is 19/2/14. I have an appt with a duty soliciter. My worry is I cannot afford a removal company so stand to lose everything.
    I just cant believe this is happening.
    Thank you for reading this and any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: repossession desparate for advice please

Hi there

If all your repayments are up to date and all your additional payments are up to date then they can't evict you. No judge would allow that to happen. It is always the last resort, or should be the last resort, for any BS to go for eviction. Please speak with your duty solicitor and make sure that the eviction notice is suspended.

Good luck

Comment

If you do what you can to help yourself; e.g. sell your car if you have one and anything else that is not absolutely essential, they will probably see a sense and let you catch up on payments. I received this comment from a friend who is a debt crisis counsellor.

Comment

Just apply stay of excution to give more time ask fo govement recue plan and cheeck with FSA website that they need to follow protocal in dealing with repossession and deal faily

Comment

first of all thank you for your replies.
          to update spoke to this duty soliciter and first things first didn't qualify for legal aid! However she did ask for details and started talking about Abuse of Process. She contacted BS on my behalf.
          To cut a long story short at first they refused to witdraw and said they just wanted a new order from a judge. Anyway I decided to have anoter talk with them, both their soliciter and a manger. Kept asking what I had done wrong paid since last September and extra towards arrears.
          So they have withdrawn the warrant. Cant believe it this has been one of the worst times of my life to actually come so close to being on the street.
          But it lesves me wondering how can such important letters be just sent out in ordinary post. I strongly believe these letters should require a signature of receipt.
          Does anybody have any ideas about how this could be raised to be incorporated into the process.
          Once again thank you

Comment

sorry about spelling just very stressed and upset about the whole ordeal

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X