• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Landlord refusing to return my bond..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landlord refusing to return my bond..

Hi all,

I recently moved out of my past rented house,due to my landlord being difficult.Ive been advised by the deposit scheme that my deposit wasn't correctly protected when I renewed my tenancy in 2009,I've also checked the other 3 deposit schemes to make sure it's not Protected with them.
    I've been advised by 'shelter' to send my landlord a stern court action letter to make him aware I will go down that route if he doesn't return my deposit direct.

Can anyone give me more advice?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Landlord refusing to return my bond..

I doubt any one would be able to give you advice of a different kind, here is the Gov.uk info on the subject as to your rights.

https://www.gov.uk/tenancy-deposit-p...t-your-deposit

Comment

Originally posted by helpinhand View Post
      Can anyone give me more advice?
      I can

First of all please clarify what you were told about your deposit not being "correctly protected" and who told you that. Was it slightly protected? A little bit protected? Or what? The courts don't always side with the tenant if it was an administrative error.

If this was a renewal of a tenancy and it was protected correctly at the start of your tenancy then this situation is not straightforward since a supreme court ruling earlier this year.

Can you tell me more about who actually holds/held your deposit money (name names please) and since when. I'm sure I'll be able to guide you after that

When you say you moved out "recently" can you give me the date and confirm whether an inventory was carried out on your last day. Is the rent all paid up to date? Timelines matter.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        First of all please clarify what you were told about your deposit not being "correctly protected" and who told you that. Was it slightly protected? A little bit protected? Or what?
        Put inside a Tupperware box and locked away in a cupboard? :grin:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X