• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Eviction help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eviction help please

Why would your 'truth' depress anyone hun? And I for one am totally with you about the animals..I have 4 cats and when the dark lonely nights creep up and insomnia rules my world they are a great comfort to me and they make me laugh at times too.
    In your shoes I would fight with everything I have to save the house,to protect my kids and to rise like a phoenix out of the flames of this mess and be stronger. It can and does happen because I did the same thing (only 1 child though).
    Any help/support we can give you don't hesitate to ask,,you are no worse than 100's of people..debts just need sorting,prioritising and payment plans put in place and there are some really good people on here who can help you.

Keep smiling hun...it WILL get better
    xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Loki7 View Post
      so as a family we all are a bit if a mess but left alone we will be just fine.
      Of course you will be fine. It's not just a house it's your home and you should hang on to it with all your might. We're here to help you do that.

Comment

Thanks for that I think you can tell a great deal about a person by the way they treat animals you don't have to like them but you also don't have to be cruel, myself i prefer animals to people any day of the week the way my dog who is a nervous girl even at her size she is an old English sheepdog she put herself between me and him on so many occasions even though she was terrified and she got a lot worse for her troubles but she did not hesitate to do it anyway she also deserves me to fight for this plus I am so bloody mad with GE money that i will do it I am just about to go in so will update you all later and thanks for the airport it means the world to me to know there are people that care

Comment

I am currently in a verbally abusive relationship with my husband of 37 years. I finally snapped a couple of months ago and went to see a solicitor who in turn recommended I see my GP to write a letter confirming this.

I saw her (my GP) this morning and I really regret having waited so long to make the appointment. She was so understanding. I am looking forward to a decent nights sleep for the first time in years. It's not easy taking the first step but I will be thinking about you. Good luck and well done!
          Last edited by ruthie59; 12th November 2013, 14:49:PM.

Comment

Ruthie well done for doing something about it we only have one life can't believe I left it so long we were together 20 years+ you start to believe there crap after a while it does knock your confidence in yourself.
            I went to shelter they were very helpful said I had a good case I have given them permission to speak to GE she is going to ask for statements hopefully before the court date she filled in the application for surspending the eviction she did say I had a good case but nothing is 100% she said the judge does not care how many children you have or pets it all comes down to if you can maintain and afford the payments which I have since taking it over, the best thing is they are going to come into court with me to speak on my behalf which is great, does anyone know how long it will take to get a hearing as until he or she says I can stay I am thinking the worsed, I did ask her about complaining which I am going to do when this is over.

Comment

Good luck with Shelter I went to Shelter Cymru meet a stuck up woman after the first person I had an appointment with didn't turn up she offered little helpful advice said you owe it if you cant pay it you will lose the house,
              Went to hearing meet a shelter solicitor who gave up a soon as we spoke to him said the best would be because of wifes disability a long gap before eviction.
              Got that from judge without asking.
              good luck

Comment

I went to shelter they were very helpful said I had a good case I have given them permission to speak to GE she is going to ask for statements hopefully before the court date she filled in the application for surspending the eviction she did say I had a good case but nothing is 100% she said the judge does not care how many children you have or pets it all comes down to if you can maintain and afford the payments which I have since taking it over, the best thing is they are going to come into court with me to speak on my behalf which is great, does anyone know how long it will take to get a hearing as until he or she says I can stay I am thinking the worsed.
                This is all excellent news and the reason why I love Shelter :clap2: If they speak to G E Money on your behalf they may be able to defuse the situation and get your eviction stopped (by consent) without the need to go to court. Once G E Money know that you have formal legal backing they may think twice about their next move. I expect Shelter will tell them that an application has been made to the court to suspend the eviction

If G E Money remain pig-headed then this will go to a hearing which I predict will be listed prior to the date on the Eviction Warrant (27th November?). How did you manage to get the previous four Eviction Warrants cancelled? Did you pay up or negotiate a deal with these bullies?

In my experience Shelter's lawyers are brilliant in court. It's true that the DJ doesn't have to consider the emotional reasons for you to stay in your home, but at the same time a judge does have massive discretion to look at the situation objectively and when he sees that you have been not only paying your arrears as per the court order but you have been overpaying when you can then I'm sure he'll use all the discretion available to him.

Let me know when you get a court date and I'll try to arm you with plenty of case law to fight this.

Comment

Thanks that would be great the previous 4 warrents 2 I had no idea about but the last two GE cancelled them themselves and the two before that I did not know about we're also cancelled I found out when I rang the court for the dates and to find out how many there had been there have never been any court hearings, this is what I cannot understand when the payments were all over the place they canceled them without any lump sum or going to court but this one where the payment have been made every month they will not budge is seems crazy to me the lady in shelter did ask if there was anything else they could bring up but I can honestly say I have gone above and beyond for these people I just hope it gets canceled then I intend to make a formal complaint against them for marketing the situation an much worse with there charges and interest they have I expect doubled the arrears. I am keeping everything crossed it would be great if it does not go to court.

Comment

I have again this morning spoken to GE about my account I asked them if they could explain to me as to why they had issued the eviction notice when as per the last warrent that was issued I had not missed a payment and had in fact since febuarary this year increased my payments by £92 pounds per month, they have told me that I was surpose to have made a payment by the end of September of £670 which I did not i made a payment of £600 on the first of October for £600 then on the 14th if October I paid the extra £70 so septembers payment was late I paid Octobers payment as normal, but they did they sent me a letter which I did not reply to but I have never had this letter as I told them and I also told them that I was ahead with my arrears, but she said there was 40 months missed payments on the account, I told her that since I had taken over in April 2012 I had not missed a payment the only mistake I have made in all that time is paying septembers payment late not missing it just late.
                    But they are focusing on the 40 missed payment that my ex did not make plus she said if I had any questions I should have contacted them when I was with my husband as I told her that was not an option as he would not allow that plus I was unaware there was a problem so why would I have rung them, she told me that it was not up to them to get involved in my marrage problems that is up to me to sort out which is true but as I told her they did get involved as they spoke to the police at the time nd they insisted in doing this,
                    she was getting anoyed with me towards the end of our conversation, I was not rude I just put my point across so I then said so if I had got in touch with you in September after this letter came which I did not have this would not be happening and she said no we would have looked at other options, but there are no other options I told her I had asked for an interest only morgage for a short time something she told me they don't offer and they are now going ahead with the eviction as per my mortgage agreement so it has been left with me saying we will see what the judge says, needlessly to say I won't be contacting them again but I may put all this in writing to them do you think it will make any difference.

Comment

How can there be 40 missed payments?

Have these payments been paid in full by the extra payments?

After 10 missed payments we were evicted if they have given chances to get up to date with payments and the OP has not they are going to go for repo, Maybe as a stalemate has been reached with GE it will be settled one way or another by the Judge

Comment

but she said there was 40 months missed payments on the account, I told her that since I had taken over in April 2012 I had not missed a payment . . . . But they are focusing on the 40 missed payment that my ex did not make.
                        They've already had that conversation with your ex which resulted in a suspended possession order in relation to those specific 40 months. They need to shut up about it and focus on the here and now.

Comment

she was getting anoyed with me towards the end of our conversation, I was not rude I just put my point across . . . . so it has been left with me saying we will see what the judge says, needlessly to say I won't be contacting them again but I may put all this in writing to them do you think it will make any difference.
                          I think you were remarkably restrained under the circumstances. I'm afraid if it was me in that situation I would have lost my rag and sworn at the patronizing woman :tape:

I think it would make sense to write G E Money a brief letter simply requesting to change your mortgage to interest only for 12 months. Ask for a prompt response since you are due in court in "the near future" where a judge will consider your application to suspend the Eviction Warrant. She can put that in her pipe and smoke it!

:juge:

Comment

Don't let the mongrels at GE get to you their brief is to get the money just like all the building societies I know from experience after a call like that open the door and scream then go back to normal ,
                            I have adopted the mentality after going through losiing my businesses and house that what matters is me my wife our boys our grandsons and 3 cats whatever happens you have children you and them will get through it together the saddos at GE will just go after another

Comment

I am maintaining my payments each month they have asked me if I could borrow the money to pay off the arrears from friends and family
                              Those dirty, money-grubbing gits don't deserve a Consumer Credit Act Licence. :mad2:

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                                Simply Law are G E Money's in-house lawyers. They have a business relationship not unlike that between a vampire and a ghoul.
                                I've fixed your post for you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X