• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trouble getting a bond returned

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble getting a bond returned

Hi there, I'd really love some advice. I moved out of my property on the 18th of August 2012 and have waited for my bond to be returned to me. Its around £350 in value. I have been ringing my landlord every day since I moved out trying to get an idea of when it will be returned. All I got was that ill be sent an email which includes a link to get it back. I have just rung them again today and I asked if they knew if it was protected, the lady I spoke to said that she did not know if it is protected. Its getting stupid now, its a lot of money which I could use and I feel that im just being ignored. What are my options? Thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Trouble getting a bond returned

Hi and welcome,
    here is a link that should tell you if your deposit is protected or not just follow info.http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_ad...FUVTfAodtjMAow

Comment

I've used the links (thank you!) And they have all said the same thing- either my details aren't on there or they are unable to match my details with the database. :-/

Comment

Ok then I think you must presume your deposit is not secured and follow the info on there as to what to do next, if you started or renewed your tenancy after 6th April 2007 then you maybe entitled to compensation as well as your deposit back

Comment

Thank you for your help. How would I go about that? Do I have to let my landlord know my intentions?

Comment

Yes you can copy the letter from the link on here http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_ad...FUVTfAodtjMAow

If however the deposit was protected then he should have automatically returned it to you as long as you left the place in good condition and owe no rent.

Comment

Hi there, finally got the email through to get my bond back. HOWEVER, its £325 that I paid, they have taken off £28 in rent arreas which I don't understand as I have a standing order with them- my parents paid my rent for me and they don't understand the aareas either. As well as that they are trying to charge me £178 for communal areas- this again I don't understand as it was left in a good condition with NO damage what so ever. When I moved in to the property I was only given a inventory for my room and not the other rooms in the property, so its my word against theirs as to the condition when I moved in. Im really angry and upset as I left the property in good condition with no issues and they are just leaving me with £30 out of £325! What are my options?

Comment

Well first off not sure about the maths lol £28 + £178 = £206, £325 - £206 = £119 so how did they get to £30 ?

It should state in your lease who is responsible for what ie communal areas etc.

I would ask for a proper breakdown and the reasons for the money being taken from your deposit.
                Last edited by enaid; 11th September 2012, 08:43:AM.

Comment

Ah sorry in their so called break down was a check out fee, more cleaning and a paint. Il be emailing them for a proper break down of the costs and proof of when my rent went into aareas (sorry for the poor spelling!) I asked my parents about it and they said that they it shouldn't have and can provide bank statements.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X