• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter to letting agent from a tired tenant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter to letting agent from a tired tenant

After 2 years' tenancy:-

1. "Dear Letting Agent,

Complaint

I am not prepared to pay the rent this month due to landlord's refusal to repair cupboard even when I offered tor repair wardrobe pole.

If the landlord wishes to reconsider this I will reconsider my position.

I'm sick to death of the backlog of repairs, it's become an unpaid job, and i won't tolerate it longer"

2. "Dear Letting Agent,

Complaint

I reported to you at the beginning of the tenancy, and since have had discussions with you personally, about the front door here having only 2 out of 4 locks that work properly, and that the safety chain cannot be closed.

I have often come home to find my front door open, despite closing it very carefully and completely before leaving. The Yale lock which is the only closure when you leave the property, has grown loose over time.

I will now invite a locksmiths into the property and pay for any neccessary repairs from the rent. I will also be repaying myself for restoring the property to a state fit for human habitation upon entry, extensive correction of inventory, work involved in finding water meter to take reading, professional clean of cooker, placement of kitchen and 2 bedroom blinds.

If you have any arguments, don't send me threats
    - contact a lawyer immediately.

Sincerely,..."
    Tags: None

Re: Letter to letting agent from a tired tenant

Dodgey if you want to stay there. Pay the rent and engage with your local council. They may direct you to other agencies such as the Environmental Agency or a rent tribunal. Not paying the rent in law puts you at fault. I know it is frustrating when a landlord does not fulfil his side of the bargain but there is help out there. If your local CAB is not overwhelmed they might give you the time to give you advice. I have a link to a CAB legal type but he may not help if you are not in Plymouth.

Comment

Thankyou kindly Debtfix.

And here's my opinion of CAB: great, if you want to be there for an eternity.
      Last edited by christianpassy; 16th June 2012, 17:33:PM.

Comment

Use of distress, coercion, unfair influence and unfair relationship in private rented housing contracts

The ability to kick out private tenants on 2 months notice is a threat to them. And when you you make serious omissions in representing your property to me......then I move in...
        ...then you refuse to repair, and I'm forced to, in order to make it habitable...

...then, when I complain, or when I'm late with rent (perhaps I'm objecting to something???)...
        ....and you threaten me with eviction....
        ...when you send me a letter for saying I'm anti-social when I'm heard swearing ONCE...
        ...and you make no investigation whatsoever before sending your threatening letter...
        ...and when you accuse me of breaking/misusing fittings when I've practically renovated the place...
        ...and you make no comment whatsoever on detailed info provided on why fittings have ACTUALLY borken

....do we a coercive relationship, a distressing relationship, an unfair one, or one where on party has undue influence over the other?

...oh, I'm sorry. That was an unfair question, wasn't it? Because it's ALL OF THESE.

But it's not one of human rights, as the European Court so rightly said, now I think of it.
        It's matter of unfair relationship.
        Which is where my LETTING AGENT comes in..........cos they're trading (CPUTR) - not me - or the landlord.....

Oh, and the contract my letting agent gave me has unfair terms - like, I can't have a lodger, I can't work here (even though I have a recording of them saying I could)...and I think it negates some or all of the landlord's responsibility to repair...can't keep animals (pets) without written consent, can't hang pictures, can't leave property vacant for more than 28 days (even though I have to insure landlord's fittings)...and yet, somewhat laughably, apparently so long as I pay the rent, I will have quiet enjoyment of the property.

So, in communicating with my letting agent, I use the UCTA, DPA....and finally, CPUTR
        Last edited by christianpassy; 16th June 2012, 16:18:PM.

Comment

Don't put up with it!
          Last edited by christianpassy; 16th June 2012, 11:38:AM.

Comment

Error
            Last edited by christianpassy; 16th June 2012, 17:31:PM. Reason: Privacy

Comment

Error.
              Last edited by christianpassy; 16th June 2012, 17:31:PM. Reason: Privacy

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X