• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please

Hi all,
    I have been a member on here for some time now, and never thought i would be needing advice, but alas i do.
    In Feb of this year i lost my job and it went on to cause the break up of my marriage. In April of this year i managed to find some work in construction but only as self-employed. It wasnt much but it was £350 p/w cash. Out of that i still had my wife to support along with 2 teenage children and pay for myself to live and board amongst friends. Inevitabley the mortgage payments were missed and i guess i burried my head in the sand.
    I have since got back with my wife and all is going fine untill last week, when i recieved a solicitors letter saying i had 7 days in which to come to an agreement (dated and postmarked 6th Oct). I then found out that i had my old job back and started making plans to repay my mortgage arrears. To my horror i then get a second letter from the solictors saying they had applied to the courts for eviction (dated and post marked 11th Oct). Today (Friday 14th) i have recieved my repossesion letter from the court dated 12th Oct) to be out of the property by 1st November.
    I am supposedto start my new job on Monday but am now at my wits end, if my wife knows it will all end in tears again but i dont want that as we have been very happy since we had another try.
    I know its all my fault for not contacting my lenders before, but is it to late now? I cant believe that just as it was all coming together, Its all taken away again. PLEASE HELP!
    Thanking you all in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Help Please

Have e-mailed someone who may be able to help if they're around to get the mail.

Comment

Bigndaft:

For an eviction notice to be issued there must have been a suspended possession order which you have defaulted. The fact that you now have employment will make the world of difference and means you should easily knock back the lenders attempts to get your property.

You need to complete a form N244 (you can download one from hmcourts-service.gov.uk), there will be a charge for your application but you may be exempt from the charge if you are in receipt of certain benefits, more info at direct.gov.uk http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governme...tion/DG_176444

You need to ask that the warrant for possession be suspended, upon future payments of the current monthly instalment plus (whatever you can realistically afford to pay) £ off the arrears.

In Part C of the form, write your reasons why the court should grant your request, that the problems were as a direct result of losing your Job in April and the breakdown of your marriage.

Both problems have now been resolved, you have secured new employment which begins on 17th October 2011 and you and wife are re conciliated.

Prepare income/expenditure statements showing the last 2 or 3 months expenditure and income, as this will only show the bad period I suggest you also prepare a statement showing future income/expenditure taking into account your new employment.

there will be a hearing, usually before the date of eviction but it could be as late as the actual day of eviction.

Good luck with your efforts to keep your home and the new job, if you need any more help please come back

The person Casper has contacted may be able to add more

Regards

Stuart

Comment

Stuart has given very good advice above.

Comment

Oh well looks like its to late.
          Been working six days a week since i started my new job, and 14hrs a day, only found time to call the mortgage company yesterday and didnt get much help because it was 12.45 and they close at 1pm. I explained that i get paid on Monday and can give them £1200. They said that I need to call back on Monday at 08.00 and make that payment and they will talk to me then and try and sort it all out, but to be honest it will all probably to late to stop the eviction on Tuesday. Is it worth me going to the courts 1st thing Monday to see can i get a suspension? Please help quickly.

Comment

Did you fill in the form suggested?

Comment

No as I said I was to busy but am just about to make it all sorted . I still haven't told my misses

Comment

You need really need to keep everything in writing with them. So if you phone them can you keep a voice recording of the conversation. Or if you are able to make a deal with them ask them to confirm in writing. You also do need to complete the form that Stuart has advised to you and get that down to the court first thing tomorrow, even maybe before you phone the mortgage company. That is really important. Also to let the courts know that you are now gainfully employed that will be a big plus that you can afford to pay the mortgage + any arrears.

oh and best you tell your missus what going on, she wont be too pleased if you get evicted from your home and she was not aware what was going to happen.

Originally posted by Bigndaft1 View Post
                Oh well looks like its to late.
                Been working six days a week since i started my new job, and 14hrs a day, only found time to call the mortgage company yesterday and didnt get much help because it was 12.45 and they close at 1pm. I explained that i get paid on Monday and can give them £1200. They said that I need to call back on Monday at 08.00 and make that payment and they will talk to me then and try and sort it all out, but to be honest it will all probably to late to stop the eviction on Tuesday. Is it worth me going to the courts 1st thing Monday to see can i get a suspension? Please help quickly.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X