• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help - we are losing our home :-(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please help - we are losing our home :-(

UCTA = Unfair contract terms Act

UTCCR = Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations

Yes, you should defintiely eb thinking of these, mum. Your bank is in breach of them and you can claim against them based on this !

Comment

Yes, I am thinking about those.

Comment

Hello,
        Latest in the saga, have just had all stuff back from the Land Registry regarding what charges are on the house and it seems HSBC have another charge on the house for 12k. I think it was for my old personal account they closed in 2008 which was the first account they allowed house payments to run up on before the new one. I didn't know it was charged to my house - doesn't that have to go to court? Can I challenge the charges if its now secured on the house, it was 6k od when they closed it so heavens knows how it is now 12k!

Mum x

Comment

Mum

For a charge to be put on your property, either

you must have agreed to your house being security in a contract or agreement,
          or
          via an order from a court, but this would only occur if you had defaulted on a County Court Judgement and a hearing about the charging order had taken place.

I would have thought you would have known either way.

You can check if they obtained a CCJ at trustonline.org.uk

Also I will have to go through your agreements again as if I remember correctly HSBC included a clause which prevented any further charge on the property, in which case they would again be in breech of their own contract

Stuart

Comment

Hello,
            Can I ressurect this one please? I have been really poorly and had surgery about 3 weeks ago so in recovery now, fingers crossed!
            Still in the house, just issued an ICO complaint as still no info has been generated by the SAR.
            I need to take control of this and intend to start putting a complaint together - if I post on here, can people please look it over and tell me if its OK or nuts or way off the mark?
            The stress of this hasnt helped with being sick, but HSBC have left me alone when I sent them sick notes from the surgeons ...
            Anyway - be good to hear from you all again.
            Many thanks
            x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X