• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

please helpconverted occupation contract wales

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please helpconverted occupation contract wales

Today, 08:17:AM
    Hello, I gave my friend a tenancy agreement. It’s important to note that it’s for a 12-year term with a 9-month break notice that can be served by both the landlord and tenant. (I know it’s very friendly terms since he was my friend.) Other terms include the landlord will handle repairs, and the tenant will keep the room tidy—very basic terms. There is no mention of rent increases, so I can’t increase the rent for the entire 12 years.

Now our friendship has fallen apart, and my mortgage has gone up, so naturally, I want to regain possession. The property is in Wales.
    1. The law states that fixed-term tenancies will automatically convert to standard occupation contracts, and I should provide a written statement, which I did within the deadline in October 2023. However, now that I have served notice, he is saying it’s invalid because it’s not the correct written statement. I downloaded the written statement from the Welsh Government website: https://www.gov.wales/model-written-...dard-contracts.
    2. I must acknowledge that at the beginning of the model written statement, it states it’s not compatible with tenancy agreements that have a break clause. The problem is, I can’t find any template that suits my situation, e.g.: a) The term is more than 7 years; in this case, it’s a 12-year fixed term. b) The break clause allows both parties to give at least 9 months’ notice to end the tenancy (I think the law allows the tenant to give 4 weeks’ notice, which I have no problem with). But the main issue is where I can find the correct template. My tenancy agreement is for 12 years and was issued in 2021, so it will need to be converted to a fixed-term standard occupation contract, I think. c) Furthermore, since we have a break clause, I can’t find a model statement or sample anywhere, and the one model statement provided by the government clearly states it’s not suitable for tenancies with a break clause. Please help me find a template for a model written statement for a converted fixed-term standard occupation contract that includes a break clause.
    Tags: None

hello any one please help

Comment

Croeso helphelp786

As posters on LB are all volunteers and have other lives, you might have to wait a day or so before getting a response, especially as most posters are English. and will not be au fait with Welsh tenancy laws.

In the meantime I'll have a search and ask some friends here in West wales.

meanwhile pob lwc

Comment

thank you

Comment

I don't think I'm going to be much help, but I note that you do not have to use a model statement, but just give the tenant a written statement which comply with the new framework established by the Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016 .

I would suggest that if you cannot draft the required document yourself, you take professional legal advice

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X