• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Housing Association Delaying To complete Jobs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Housing Association Delaying To complete Jobs

Over 3 months ago i had a member of the housing association Torus out because of another incident in the street and she checking the tenants were ok and if they needed anything. I asked her for 2 internal doors as i have lived here for 22 years and they have just fell apart over time (very busy house). She said she would put the job in and a joiner would come out and sort it for me. A month later a joiner arrived. He came in, measured up and said he will be back as he has to go get the doors. He never came back that day. I called up and was told i needed to have a surveyor in to "authorise" the job. He measured up and left. Today 1/07/24 the same joiner arrived to fit the doors. I let him in and what do you know he cant fit the doors today as his schedule is full. He then left swiftly. My wife has been on the phone for an hour with Torus now (only 1 hang up) and the job is booked in with them and should be completed today between 8-12 and that they will call the joiner to see what's going on. They called the joiner 3 times but he didn't pick up. They cant get hold of him at all. His schedule was also checked and its down for being done. I don't know what the hell they are playing at but its 3 days off work for me now, 3 lost paid days.

My rent is up to date with no arrears. I also have video doorbell of the conversations if that helps.

Is there anything i should be doing to get this done? Any help would be fantastic.
    Last edited by mrlexus; 1st July 2024, 08:56:AM.

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X