• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

legal rights to notify of neighbour issues on sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• legal rights to notify of neighbour issues on sale

Long story short, past 7 years of living in a property we own we have had issues with the direct neighbour to the left of us. History involves police intervention, harassment, interference in our private business, a court case over bricks he gave our builder that was thrown out by the judge due to no legal basis, general unpleasantness and animosity from the day we moved in. The male is very aggressive and likes to think he controls the street. We are not that way but will not be bullied. We are now selling, not really due to the neighbour but for a variety of reasons. So on the past 6 months since the court case ended there hasnt been any real bother other than a peculiar over the top laugh he does when he sees us.

Where do we stand with legal obligations to notify our buyers, the be clear there are no boundary dispute or anything to to with the property, more like a personal vendetta with my wife and I.

Thanks
    Tags: None

You must give honest answers to all questions the buyer asks. If you do not, you may face a claim for damages. Questions about issues with neighbours are standard in the conveyancing process.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

To add he had been arrested for assaulting me on my drive and threats to kill

Comment

And what if the buyers ask no questions and given what I know about the legal system a claim for damages must have evidence to back up the claim and for there to be a material financial loss suffered as well as the cost of bringing such a claim. We don't think he will carry on with the new neighbours and is probably glad we are leaving

Comment

I would be saying something about it, make it clear it's not about the property but bricks that he tried to take action about. Sat it's personal issues & personality clash. If there's any part of the property that has ever been impacted & that's been resolved that would be something positive. You can also say that's the issues have been resolved as much as it can be

Comment

Just to add there's a property information form that is standard you could take a look at it. I'd also ask your conveyancing solicitor what should go in it. They'll know how to word it

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X