• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

formalising boundary change at Land Registry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• formalising boundary change at Land Registry

Hi Everyone

I own two adjacent detached houses sharing a common driveway between them that gives access to the garages and gardens at the rear. We lived in one, "house A", for may years then got the opportunity to buy next door "house B" as a long term BTL investment. I took the opportunity to "retain" the single garage and associated access from "house B" and incorporate it into my residential property at "house A" for my own use, rejigging the fencing and access gates accordingly. Some years later, we moved out and rented "house A", still including the "adopted " garage.

The long term tenant of "house B" has handed in notice and we now wish to sell the property. I believe we have two options, either, (a) return the situation and the garage and associated boundaries to as it was, or (b) formalise the adoption of the garage with the Land Registry etc prior to the sale, leaving "house B" with off-road parking for 2 vehicles but no garage. There is quite a lot of work and costs involved in doing option (a) which I can estimate, but what is involved in doing option (b), how long might it take and what might it cost please? I have discussed this with the remaining tenant in "house A" and they are not really bothered either way.

Last edited by moatmeister; 11th April 2024, 16:36:PM.
    Tags: None

This kind of thing needs to be got right, and will cost a sod of a lot more to put right if got wrong. I recommend that you speak to a good property law solicitor, discuss the situation and ask for fee estimates.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X