• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trusts of Land & Appointment of Trustees Act 1996

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trusts of Land & Appointment of Trustees Act 1996

Hi, I'm not sure this is in the right place so please move if it isn't.

My Ex and I split up 20 years ago but he is still on my house deeds, and will not sign to agree to me selling the property, despite the fact he hasn't contributed in any way to the house since the day he left.

I cannot afford the mortgage and therefore have to sell, so it was suggested that I should seek an order requiring the property to be sold under the Trusts of Land & Appointment of Trustees Act 1996. Could anyone please tell me if I am able to do this myself, or if I have to pay a Solicitor to do this? Also, roughly how long would the take to be put into place please?

Many thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

This would be the right course. You would also want the court to determine the respective beneficial interests, i.e. the division of the net sale proceeds (s14(2)(b)).

You can diy, but given the potential complexity of the aspect of the case regarding the division of the money, experienced legal help may be advantageous.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thank you atticus that it very helpful advice. I will employ a Solicitor to carry out the work for me to ensure it is done properly.

Thanks again xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X