• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Buying land from neighbours (Scotland)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying land from neighbours (Scotland)

Hi, first post here!

basically I’m looking to buy my neighbours out of a drying green, we all own a third of the land roughly 35 square metres each.
    we’re yet to get the land valued.
    I’ve spoken to a local solicitor and been quoted £1.8k just for my legal fees. This seems like a lot (I only paid £900 in legal fees to buy the house) considering I will also have to cover the costs of the two neighbours (not included in that £1.8k) and then pay for the land.
    I was advised (on another forum) that the two sellers wouldn’t need representation if they were happy with what my solicitor was doing… is this right?
    my other question is : how much can I actually do myself? I really thought it would be a simple and affordable process but at this rate it’s looking like £6k+
    any advice or help is appreciated.
    Tags: None

get more quotes?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

I am going through this process now, The land was purchased at auction, and my Solicitors fees for the transaction amount to £750. And so your Solicitor seems rather exorbitant, I think I would ask for a breakdown as to how the fees were arrived at, I cannot understand the cost as there seems to involve searches etc.

Comment

Yes it seems incredibly expensive. I have a breakdown and they have said that they've restricted the fee quite considerably. It would also be around £1k per neighbour plus VAT (roughly)
        should also mention that I haven’t used this solicitor before but I have reached out to the solicitor I used to purchase the property.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X