• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Securing A Loan On Property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securing A Loan On Property

Hi

A family member wants to buy a new home. Rather than go down the mortgage route I am looking to loan them (Interest free) the money to make the purchase.

I want to secure this loan however and was thinking of the following.

1. Have an agreement written to secure the money. I guess this should include
    Amount loaned
    Time and schedule of re payments
    What happens in even of non payment
    What happend for repossession

2. Register a charge for the full amount with land registry

I would also like to add a clause that allows me to force a sale of the property (In the event they don't agree to sell if in financial difficulty)

I have never done this before and would like to cover all bases.

Happy for suggestions and what my best steps would be

Thanks

Tags: None

1. Loan Agreement.

2. Charge deed securing the loan on the property.

3. Register the charge at Land Registry.

A solicitor should be able to help you with this.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

We have done similar within our family's, and it worked out well

I would just advise to detail the break periods, amounts of arrears when action will be taken automatically ( 3 months ) and actions ( property will be sold ) very clearly, so they know you will have to take action just like the bank would.

Also, consider there marital status, and protect yourself within the terms if possible ( just in case there curcs change, lol, this was one of the terms set against me so i didnt loose it to anyone )

detailing the terms of breaching the contract nice and clearly at the start both keeps pressure on them as family members, and makes it less awkward if there circumstances change , .
      crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Great tips from botrh Crazy council and atticus Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X