• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Variation to Easement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Variation to Easement

The title deeds to my home have an easement for my neighbour to go over my garden and a passageway to the front.
    Tags: None

The easement and title deeds do not show the extension on my neighbours house. The access into my garden was moved but there are no variation deeds to show the owner of my house and the easement holder agreed this change.
    Can I challenge this easement?

This neighbour has also been trespassing in my garden, taking advantage of my disability to use a shortcut over my garden to get o the neighbour on the other side of my house. I have asked her to stop but the trespass is continuing. She has now reported me to the Police and I have to go give a voluntary interview next week. All is did not as ask her to get out of my garden when she was using her “ shortcut”

1) The deed is a mess! How do I update it with Land registry?
    2) Can I remove the easement as it was never agreed by variation?
    3) How do I tackle the trespass?

I am heartily sick of this neighbour!

Comment

Did you act on the advice echat11 gave you in November 2021?
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Hello, there isn't really enough information to go on but to answer your questions

1. You will need a court order or all-party agreement to update the deed.
        2. Yes, but you will need to go to court/tribunal which will cost you.
        3. See point above.

Land disputes can be extremely costly so you would be wise to seek some initial legal advice on the merits of your case. It may be more be more cost effective to issue a civil claim for trespass and seek an injunction against your neighbour from passing over your land.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X