• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Section 173 and mental health

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Section 173 and mental health

For a delicate issue here and urgently need some advice.
    My mother was detained under the mental health act on Monday (initially a S.136, now under a S. 2) following a rapid relapse in her mental health.
    She has lived independently in a small flat for the past four years and her tendency has been unspectacular on the whole. She has Alway paid her rent on time and the property is spotless. However, on Monday, when she was in crisis she made threats toward another tenant in the flats who was filming her (on her own property and without consent). No excuse for the abust, apart from that she was actively psychotic at the time.
    The other tenant claimed to the landlord that my mother had threatened to ‘blow him up’ (she’s 80 years old and couldn’t blow up a balloon) and sent the video clip to the landlord. Today I received a section 173 no fault eviction notice by email (not actually served to her) asking her to vacate by 01/06/23.
    several points. Where I do stand with regard to this notice. Has it been served appropriately (she currently lacks capacity)? Has the other tenant committed an offence by sharing the video clip (taken without permission and shared without consent).
    I may be angry, but I need to think straight if I want to take anything further.
    Anu advice would really be appreciated.
    Tags: None

Apologies for the spelling and grammatical errors. I’m unable to edit off an iPhone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X