• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tenancy agreement at ex-wife's house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenancy agreement at ex-wife's house

I separated from my ex-wife over 2 years ago and moved out of the family home. The tenancy agreement was never renewed in her name solely because at the time she wouldn't have met the rental criteria to continue living in the house which would have been detrimental to the children. We both now have new partners and her partner is living in the house, I'd like to remove myself from the tenancy and retrieve my half of the tenancy deposit which is still being securely held.

The landlord has agreed to meet both of us to discuss the best way he can facilitate the new agreement and return my deposit.

Before meeting, I'd like to know if there are any rules/laws which would help me to speed the process up or help my case. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Surely if you can get your ex to give you the money, you can give a written authorisation to the landlord to hold the deposit solely for her.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
      Surely if you can get your ex to give you the money, you can give a written authorisation to the landlord to hold the deposit solely for her.
      Thanks for the reply. Yes, that's a bone of contention - she is not willing to hand over 50% of the tenancy deposit, she is also claiming I need to remain on the tenancy either as a tenant or a guarantor (in the interest of the children) however, her partner lives in the house and is apparently earning a sufficient amount to be able to take over on the tenancy. I guess I'm after anyway of forcibly removing myself from the tenancy.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X